NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd like to think I'm strong enough to resist this temptation, but clearly I'm not.

Annoyingly it turns out I don't have to be anywhere near 64 to start losing my hair.

Bad luck with that. I still have a lovely head of hair. No sign of a tonsure yet. Do I perhaps lack humility and religious vocation? Yes. Yes I do. ???

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I will have to ask my 89 year old mum!
We had to move from the flat because the Landlady said my crying kept the other residents awake lol.
Ended up in St Mary Magdalene Street so Fairlight Infants & Juniors then Moulsecomb Seniors after.
The reason I asked is, as we're the same vintage and I lived in Hanover Street until I was 6, we may, just may have gone to the same nursery / school. Seems we didn't!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Crown St / 169 Western Road?

CS2.jpg

CS1.jpg

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Mence Smith’s in Western Road takes me back. Their shop in Boundary Rd Hove was the go-to place for hardware when I was a kid . Haven’t heard of them in years .
Homer Herring in North St sounds impressive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is one of the few sets of images on the thread that not only looks pretty much the same, but also has the same building occupying the same space. Bankers!
Yet I remember when the BoS building was Seeboard, selling cookers and fridges.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
am I right in thinking I can rem that the colonnades extending into North Street were still there int9 the 1970’s/80’s?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The Empire Theatre , New Road was the building in the middle, just a doorstep away from the Theatre Royal. The Empire went through various changes doing music hall and eventually became the Paris Continental cinema showing what I believe were dubious films until it closed in the ‘60s

D0A795DA-EF44-415A-AF8C-339BB60DAEAE.jpeg

The boring modern replacement building
9B39CD58-B31A-4D44-8251-8038630949F4.jpeg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yet I remember when the BoS building was Seeboard, selling cookers and fridges.

It's RBS, not BoS. I go one better and remember it as the Green Shield Stamp shop where you could trade your stamps for exciting goods for home and garden.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bottom left corner of Coombe Road

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231_095832_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221231_095832_Facebook.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 28

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here