Sussex by the Sea
BELIEVED to be Ship Street.

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No, facing the wrong way. Interesting to see the Goldstone (or is it Gold Stone? I can't remember its name) surrounded like that. IIRC (it's been a while) it isn't surrounded by railings or smaller stones now.
I was aware that it was over the road, but trying to help locate it for our younger viewers.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Interesting angle that photo was taken at i.e from an elevated position. Maybe taken during construction of the Goldstone Ground? Or post-1901 from the top corner of the North Stand?

*EDIT* Computer says the Goldstone and its surrounding stones were moved into their current position in Hove Park in 1906
I think it is someone maybe on a step ladder up at or near the pavement. No further back than that. EDIT: looking on street view the stone is further in than I remembered so someone on a step ladder or box or platform within the park. There is an incline up to the pavement level so that helps.

Presume it is the park keeper watching the photographer going about his business.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Interesting angle that photo was taken at i.e from an elevated position. Maybe taken during construction of the Goldstone Ground? Or post-1901 from the top corner of the North Stand?

*EDIT* Computer says the Goldstone and its surrounding stones were moved into their current position in Hove Park in 1906
.... and in my humble opinion they should now be moved from Hove Park to outside the Amex which should then be re-named the Goldstone Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here