Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It IS Brighton. The building behind matches identically.

See this link
Yes, i had already edited my post to suggest that once I'd looked into it more.

What initiated my own uncertainty was all the London references in the photo. Also the question mark in your post suggested that you you youself were uncertain, but looking back Ive now realised the question mark is a standard feature of your posts on this particular thread.

To avoid any similar confusion arising with your future posts on this thread perhaps you might wish to consider leaving the question mark out, unless you are genuinely uncertain about the photo you are posting 🙂.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
One thing that hasn't changed in all this time is the sight of abandoned road-sweepers' hand-carts with no road-sweeper anywhere to be seen!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That’s a cracking picture of the old bicycle works and the characters standing there . I noted their bowler hats. Did they give a measure of protection if you fell off a penny farthing?

Absolutely none!

Having ridden Penny Farthings the best way to depart them is to slide off out the back of the bike.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Yes, i had already edited my post to suggest that once I'd looked into it more.

What initiated my own uncertainty was all the London references in the photo. Also the question mark in your post suggested that you you youself were uncertain, but looking back Ive now realised the question mark is a standard feature of your posts on this particular thread.

To avoid any similar confusion arising with your future posts on this thread perhaps you might wish to consider leaving the question mark out, unless you are genuinely uncertain about the photo you are posting 🙂.
It was a sign of quality to claim you were of London, especially the Strand.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I guess that takes me back to my query of 'why the question mark?' - which does make it look as though maybe you are a little unsure. When you're obviously not!
I think the question mark started way back on this thread when it stopped being about old postcards and the first now and then photo was posted.
The question mark has just continued with these posts even when it’s obvious where the photos are taken.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Albion Hill

Attachments

• Pinterest.png
    Pinterest.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.16.37.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.16.37.png