Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
175 Preston Road (now an NHS premises), opposite Preston Park for lunchtime footie and the Crown and Anchor for very long Friday lunchtimes. The departments there moved down from London around 1970 I think.

Were you still going to L&G Xmas do's in nightclubs in the early/mid 80's?

A mate worked there, he took us ..... wild evenings :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Were you still going to L&G Xmas do's in nightclubs in the early/mid 80's?

A mate worked there, he took us ..... wild evenings :lolol:

I have to confess to organising them from 1979 onwards! We used to raise a load of money for charity and, as you say, ensure everyone had a good time. Happy days.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Thank you :bowdown:

I remembering staggering round Busby's, also a club upstairs in Middle Street :lolol:.

Over the years we used the Birds Nest, Concorde, Busby’s, Sherry’s (which became the Pink Coconut), Top Rank - basically wherever we could get a good deal and the numbers in. Sherry’s had the bar upstairs and the balcony all the way round.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Busby’s was always a favourite of mine, as was Sherry’s. I can even remember the occasional weekend!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Over the years we used the Birds Nest, Concorde, Busby’s, Sherry’s (which became the Pink Coconut), Top Rank - basically wherever we could get a good deal and the numbers in. Sherry’s had the bar upstairs and the balcony all the way round.

I remember them all well, but haven't heard of the Bird's Nest. I managed to visit Sherry's a couple of times age 16 and 17, prior to becoming the PC.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Awful then ….. too many young females and dancing.

Missing out on all those sweaty blokes in dirty denim jackets headbanging to Saxon at ‘the Years’.

:lolol:

Saxon? Pfui! Montrose (Space Station), Led Zep, Hawkwind, Eno (3rd Uncle), Floyd (One of these days), Edgar Broughton (Out Demons Out).

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
What was the club called opposite the pier next to the Brighton Centre… was good in a basement, lots of rocker types.
Actually, could have been Worthing seafront… ��*♂️

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Accession of King George V?

Reading of the proclamation by his Worship the Mayor (Councillor E Geere), Brighton Town Hall, 9 May 1910?

KG1.jpg
ghj.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Description says Brighton 1976, I was only 6/7 then and don't recall it like this.

Attachments

• 1976-England-Brighton-Yvonne-Thompson-1200x789.jpg
    1976-England-Brighton-Yvonne-Thompson-1200x789.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 173

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here