[Misc] Old albums you’d nearly forgotten about

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My Sunday morning listening has been The Raw and the Cooked by Fine Young Cannibals.
Brilliant album but it also brings back those memories (feint) of those clubbing days of yesteryear.
Drives me crazy is immense.
First CD I ever bought, reignited my passion for music.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yet he released Quadrophenia at 81 minutes playing time and Tommy at 75 minutes playing time. Who's Next is 45 minutes long.
Quadrophenia and Tommy were doubles, so would work out to 20 and 19 minutes a side respectively. About right.

I could certainly make a decent case for cutting The Song is Over from Who's Next to bring its length down a bit. I suspect it's on the long side for a single LP because it was originally intended to be a double with all the Lifehouse material.

It was actually the liner notes for one of the Quadrophenia reissues that I read it in the first place - explaining why so much had ended up being cut. Almost certainly made it a better album anyway.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Songs from the Mardi Gras by Feargal Sharkey.

Might have to get it out on Tuesday!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Possibly the shortest album ever made. Quality songs but a total pisstake in terms of playing time.
It got me curious so I checked Spotify, it’s got it down as 35 minutes.
As we’ve previously mentioned Sparks. Number One In Heaven was a full price LP but only had three songs on each side, it’s 33 minutes long.

However, I won’t have a bad word said about them, it was their only Virgin release so I blame ol Branston

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Spooky, as only this morning I stumbled across A Woofer In Tweeters Clothing (second album 1973) Gave it a listen, it sounded as good as ever.
Amateur Hour popped up on YouTube last week and I can’t get it out of my mind. I even revisited the lyrics to understand what the song was all about ……. young love and exploring (for a change!)

So choose your partners everyone, if you hestitate the goods ones are gone ……. Here I go!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
More of a Saturday night than a Sunday morning.

Attachments

• IMG_5450.jpeg
    IMG_5450.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 36

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My Sunday morning listening has been The Raw and the Cooked by Fine Young Cannibals.
Brilliant album but it also brings back those memories (feint) of those clubbing days of yesteryear.
Drives me crazy is immense.
A great album. I also somewhere in my collection have a Soul II Soul remix of 'I'm not the man' which I love.

I once stood behind Roland Gift who was buying petrol in a garage around corner from where i lived in Camden. He was a lot smaller than I thought, but super cool and if my memory is correct had a silver vintage merc. This was sometime after their peak but he had not aged at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here it is

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Spooky, as only this morning I stumbled across A Woofer In Tweeters Clothing (second album 1973) Gave it a listen, it sounded as good as ever.
Nr 1 Song in Heavan is a great album. The opening song was mine any my daughters Saturday morning song. Played it really load in our bedroom in the Summer with the windows open for for when the chorus blasted in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Possibly the shortest album ever made. Quality songs but a total pisstake in terms of playing time.
35 minutes according to wiki. At the time of release most albums were usually around the 40 mins mark due to the optimal time for a side of vinyl being 20 mins....35 does not seem overly short.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Amateur Hour popped up on YouTube last week and I can’t get it out of my mind. I even revisited the lyrics to understand what the song was all about ……. young love and exploring (for a change!)

So choose your partners everyone, if you hestitate the goods ones are gone ……. Here I go!
When I first head it as an 8 year old I thought it was called I’m a chihuahua!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Nr 1 Song in Heavan is a great album. The opening song was mine any my daughters Saturday morning song. Played it really load in our bedroom in the Summer with the windows open for for when the chorus blasted in.
Tryouts For The Human Race? A great song, sadly it never got the coverage it deserved as it was the third single off a six track LP, by then everyone who liked the band had bought the album.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Wings - Band on the Run. A great album

Back in the top 20
It is a good album, and recently made a brief Albion related visit to my subconscious. There’s a very catchy tune called “Mumonia” (or something like that), well in Athens I stayed in an area I possibly incorrectly pronounced as “Omonia” well it fits like a glove. and pissed up I’ll sing any old nonsense to myself.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Is it just me or do you, when singing along to FYC's, do an impression of Roland Gift rather than sing it normally? I have the same issue with Louis Armstrong as well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it just me or do you, when singing along to FYC's, do an impression of Roland Gift rather than sing it normally? I have the same issue with Louis Armstrong as well
Definetly….. I do it with Cilla Black 😂

“Step inside love”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports