Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Cousins out for the season. Just when we were picking up form too...
Despite not being a Vikings fan I watched the Netflix documentary following 3 QBs last season (Cousins, Mahomes and Mariota). Cousins came over as a really decent guy, and I've found myself half-following the Vikings this season because of him. Gutted for him :(

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Washington gets Chicago's 2nd rounder for Montez Sweat. An uncharacteristically good deal for the Commanders, I am very happy with this.

Bears fans should be happy too, they got a good player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Washington gets Chicago's 2nd rounder for Montez Sweat. An uncharacteristically good deal for the Commanders, I am very happy with this.

Bears fans should be happy too, they got a good player.
Really?

Sweat is a good player, there is no guarantee you’ll get a better replacement (pound for pound) in the draft.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really?

Sweat is a good player, there is no guarantee you’ll get a better replacement (pound for pound) in the draft.
Sweat is good but the Defense has not delivered and change is now coming to DC, with the Chase deal signalling a genuine rebuild I am glad Harris is finally starting to move the dial in Washington.

I am less sold on the Young trade, but we have 3 top 50 picks and $90m in cap space for next year. This is an attractive proposition for a potential new GM and I hope that search is underway now.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not surprising that the Raiders are looking for a new HC and GM this morning. Utter shit show over in Vegas - and the move to dump Carr & then bring in Jimmy G looks even more bone headed now than it did at the time. Expect Josh McDaniels to head back to NE and be HC in waiting, should Belichick decide to retire?

Dobbs to the Vikings was a bit of a surprise but, with Murray coming back soon, I guess Arizona thought it would be a deal worth taking - especially as they're in rebuild mode themselves. Could've done with someone like him, or Brissett, going back to Cleveland tbh. With Watson still not guaranteed to come back soon, it looks like we will be rolling with the awful PJ Walker for the foreseeable. God help us.

Why Peoples-Jones wasn't used more I have no idea. I get that the Browns are a "run first" offense, but he had a breakout season last year, and looked a clear #2 behind Cooper at WR...but this year has all but disappeared. I can see him flourishing back home in Detroit with a decent offense focused on the passing game.

As for the other notable trades - the Seahawks defense got a solid boost with Frank Clark and Leonard Williams coming in - and the Philly D just got a decent upgrade at safety with Byard.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not surprising that the Raiders are looking for a new HC and GM this morning. Utter shit show over in Vegas - and the move to dump Carr & then bring in Jimmy G looks even more bone headed now than it did at the time. Expect Josh McDaniels to head back to NE and be HC in waiting, should Belichick decide to retire?

Dobbs to the Vikings was a bit of a surprise but, with Murray coming back soon, I guess Arizona thought it would be a deal worth taking - especially as they're in rebuild mode themselves. Could've done with someone like him, or Brissett, going back to Cleveland tbh. With Watson still not guaranteed to come back soon, it looks like we will be rolling with the awful PJ Walker for the foreseeable. God help us.

Why Peoples-Jones wasn't used more I have no idea. I get that the Browns are a "run first" offense, but he had a breakout season last year, and looked a clear #2 behind Cooper at WR...but this year has all but disappeared. I can see him flourishing back home in Detroit with a decent offense focused on the passing game.

As for the other notable trades - the Seahawks defense got a solid boost with Frank Clark and Leonard Williams coming in - and the Philly D just got a decent upgrade at safety with Byard.
We (Seattle) definitely needed bodies, now the likes of Nwosu are out for the duration. Not that sold on the terms of the Williams trade though – a 2nd and 5th round picks are a lot to give up, and Williams comes with a lot of cap load... Hopefully it'll work out positively, but does feel like a stretch to me.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I'm very disappointed about DPJ, I really liked him. And yes, I'm disappointed at the QB situation. But hey it's Cleveland, so being 'disappointed' is nothing new!

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
We (Seattle) definitely needed bodies, now the likes of Nwosu are out for the duration. Not that sold on the terms of the Williams trade though – a 2nd and 5th round picks are a lot to give up, and Williams comes with a lot of cap load... Hopefully it'll work out positively, but does feel like a stretch to me.

NYG will cover most of his salary. That's why a higher compensation in draft picks. Would probably get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick if we'd take over his full salary.

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz notes the Giants had “several suitors” in on the 29-year-old. Seattle has outbid the other teams which showed interest, though, and they will now take on Williams for at least the remainder of the season (which calls for a 2023 salary of $18MM). The Seahawks will take on roughly $650K of that figure as Williams looks to contribute to a playoff contender ahead of free agency in March.

The Seahawks entered Monday with less cap space than the roughly $10MM remaining on Williams’ deal. As a result, the Giants’ decision to retain essentially all of his outstanding compensation was necessary.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Giants are an absolute mess, can’t even beat Raiders.

Daniel Jones almost certainly did his ACL.

Tommy De Vito, plays more like Danny De Vito.
Saquon is the only player of note and it’s easy to key in on him when you have such a poor passing game.

Literally nothing positive.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Textbook Washington disaster class against the Giants. Just abysmal on every level. We all know change is coming it's just a question when Harris decides to make his move.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Texans in danger of a nosebleed as we're currently sitting pretty at 6-4, tucked in nicely behind DFP's Jags in the South.

Considering we only won 7 games in the last 2 seasons combined and with a rookie QB in CJ, it's been a very pleasant surprise.

Excited about tonight's Eagles @ Chiefs game.

Channel 5 it is, as much as to hear their rollcall pronunciation of UK place names like Loughborough and Worcester as anything.

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Always good to beat a division rival, but I have a feeling that the Browns are going to be involved in a lot more "Squeaky bum" games from here on in with DTR / PJ at QB.

I get that they have to basically game manage - but our defense wont be able to carry us all the way if the offense cant move the ball much.

Interested to see if they sign Flacco today / this week. Not sure he has much gas left in the tank now, but may provide a little more in the pass game than DTR or PJ Walker.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Texans in danger of a nosebleed as we're currently sitting pretty at 6-4, tucked in nicely behind DFP's Jags in the South.

Considering we only won 7 games in the last 2 seasons combined and with a rookie QB in CJ, it's been a very pleasant surprise.

Excited about tonight's Eagles @ Chiefs game.

Channel 5 it is, as much as to hear their rollcall pronunciation of UK place names like Loughborough and Worcester as anything.
Texans are a joy at the moment. Stroud is just ridiculous. In the absence of anything decent from my team at the moment I can at least enjoy good play elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here