Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official allotment thread.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Does anyone piss in their allotment compost bin ? If you do, does it help the composting process ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Does anyone piss in their allotment compost bin ? If you do, does it help the composting process ?

I have done before but can't say it made much difference. I'm a male too, so it's the best kind.

Volume is where it's at with composting really. The bigger you can get your heap, the better, as the more heat you'll generate and the faster it'll rot down.

We have huge compost bays at work and the turn around is very quick! The final results are fantastic too.
I've never ever achieved anything like that, either at home or when I had an allotment.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Bob Flowerdrew, the pony tailed c@#t used to say it was good.
We use a bucket and pour it on. Can't remember how it works, sure Amex will know.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bob Flowerdrew, the pony tailed c@#t used to say it was good.
We use a bucket and pour it on. Can't remember how it works, sure Amex will know.

The Ammonia acts as an activator.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I bought a tub of fungal spores sold specifically to chivvy up the compo. It is brilliant. You sprinkle on to make a layer, and water it in. I actually have proper compo, now, not fossilized vegetable ghosts. And no more worms (literally hundreds, there were) whitefly and other annoying fuggers chomping through it and making insect and invertebrate poo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I heard on the radio yesterday that people are having an unprecedented amount of theft from their allotments this year. Lock up you onions, [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I bought a tub of fungal spores sold specifically to chivvy up the compo. It is brilliant. You sprinkle on to make a layer, and water it in. I actually have proper compo, now, not fossilized vegetable ghosts. And no more worms (literally hundreds, there were) whitefly and other annoying fuggers chomping through it and making insect and invertebrate poo.
Worms are the sign that the compost is ready to use...they don't like it too hot so, lots of small Bloodworms is good.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I heard on the radio yesterday that people are having an unprecedented amount of theft from their allotments this year. Lock up you onions, [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]:thumbsup:

It happens all the time.
If they want the stuff, just let them.
I really cannot see people even knocking our pots, they'd have to get their hand dirty :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Worms are the sign that the compost is ready to use...they don't like it too hot so, lots of small Bloodworms is good.

But they were all over the top of freshly dumped stuff - nowhere near rotted - after a day :mad:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But compost is worm and insect poo. They speed up the process.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But compost is worm and insect poo. They speed up the process.

Do they? Is it? Glad I just raised an eyebrow rather than pour boiling water on it then :bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It happens all the time.
If they want the stuff, just let them.
I really cannot see people even knocking our pots, they'd have to get their hand dirty :lolol:

Long before the current financial crisis we often had thefts at our site, they put security fencing up and barbed wire but still people would occasionally get in and steal stuff..One time the guy next to me had lifted his onions and had them drying in the sun and someone stole the whole 30lb of them... how cheap are onions ? it baffles me !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Long before the current financial crisis we often had thefts at our site, they put security fencing up and barbed wire but still people would occasionally get in and steal stuff..One time the guy next to me had lifted his onions and had them drying in the sun and someone stole the whole 30lb of them... how cheap are onions ? it baffles me !

Put it this way, most of the uneducated fvckwits think that most veg comes in plastic.
Even when our nephews were younger, we used to get them to dig for their chips :D

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Here it comes! Have I won?

20230401_124434.jpg

20230401_124508.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will check my Asparagus in the morning, not checked yet.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No hint of Asparagus up the plot today, I do have my first crop of Purple Sprouting Broccoli though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here