Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Breeders' Cup snippets

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
In case anyone's interested....

Wise Dan (runs in the Mile on Saturday). The Europeans are seeing this race as a bit of a gimme for Excelebration given his form at Ascot last time out and various good runs behind Frankel. However, Wise Dan, the top American contender, was on the track for the first time today after a delayed trip from New York, and seen in the flesh, he is an absolute beast. He has muscles on his muscles, and positively radiates health and well being. Excelebration, on the other hand, is just 14 days off a Group One race in very soft ground. Think he might have his work cut out handling Wise Dan. Odds should probably be a fair bit closer, anyway.

Spring Venture (Juvenile Fillies' Turf, Friday). Think the bookies may have been a bit lazy here by assuming that no-one will want to back anything but the Hannon filly and not paying enough attention to the alternatives. Spring Venture has form to match the favourite, and although this is second-hand info, Patrick Husbands, her very experienced jockey, has apparently been telling people this week that he believes she's the best two-year-old, of either sex, he's ever sat on. Her price of 6-1 with the British bookies just looks wrong.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I did look at the prices when I heard that Hughes had a couple of rides out there, but thought Sky Lantern was very skinny so left it alone.
Have had a tickle on both of these cheers.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I did look at the prices when I heard that Hughes had a couple of rides out there, but thought Sky Lantern was very skinny so left it alone.
Have had a tickle on both of these cheers.

No worries. Shame about Detroit, btw. They peaked too soon, swept the Yankees then had a week off. Had lost all their bite by the time they finally played the World Series, and once they'd lost game one, they pretty much turned it in.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No worries. Shame about Detroit, btw. They peaked too soon, swept the Yankees then had a week off. Had lost all their bite by the time they finally played the World Series, and once they'd lost game one, they pretty much turned it in.

Had a good run for my money at 18/1 so no complaints here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here