• Not a patch on the old NSC

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Full of Shite

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
With all the recent cock ups in the absence of Bozza, what do you really think of NSC?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Sorry, Should of added in my opinion still good, loadsa shite now and very Clique but woundnt miss my daily session for the world.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
when I used to read and not post it was good, recently a few hiccups but Istill enjoy the banter so pretty much the same as always for me, except I'm now adding my own pointless drivel to it :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which old NSC are we talking about.

Pre July
Pre Jan

Perhaps we ought to have another poll?

(JOKE) ;)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The recent cock ups have nothing to do with Bozza's absense.

The Big Board had reach 85,000 posts. It couldn't cope. The board started to become unstable and changes had to be made. A result of this was 'turkeygate' which saw Post Counts restored to the real amount of posts on this version of the board.

I would like to think NSC is the same as always if not better following the introduction of the chat room and Albion Related Threads.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I run a very similar messageboard and you have the option to prune all threads and posts over X amount of day old. I do this every couple of months and wipe off 20000 thousand odd posts. Keeps it all working smoothly. Is there no similar procedure for this board?

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Turkey, does that mean that certain threads will now be deleted of from here if they haven't been looked at for a week, would that help?

There is a lot of rubbish on the board and some posters who I wish would have their keyboards locked away from them but as watsongooal put it, I'll still keep logging in :wave:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Turkey are we going to have the same problem in x months' time then? When the posts on this board reach the meltdown level?

What can we do? NSC is doomed to continually crash.
:rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beeneys gloves said:
Turkey, does that mean that certain threads will now be deleted of from here if they haven't been looked at for a week, would that help?

I think that's an excellent idea. The whole idea of having a classic gold forum was to preserve the really good stuff and delete the dross.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't know. Have to wait for Bozza to get back. He knows more about it than me. All I have done is ensure the board will run smoothly for the time being. As for deleting posts. It can be done but that would change a persons post count. Some care, some don't.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
People laugh about reaching a certain milestone with post counts and if deleting thread knocks it down again, well then you can celebrate reaching it again.

I'm looking forward to reaching 2000 yet again ;)

:lol: :lol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bozza pays a lot to keep the board running. I think the fact that it couldn't cope with the amount of posts is poor. That's VBulletin's fault. For now though I don't see the problem. A new board isn't ideal but to be honest I don't see a problem with it.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Im not going to name names Looney but rest assured ur not one of them, i can give u a clue on one though, try and unjumble these letters

WATFORD O

I doubt many people will look at Big Board 1 now this ones up and running, would getting rid of that mean all the post counts are changed again, can something be put in place which means once a post is left unviewed for say five days, it slips quietly out of sight?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've noticed that 3 of the posters who have said it's full of shite actually post a lot of shite themselves :rolleyes: :lolol:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
expand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports