NME Awards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Great to see that they didn't give SHIT to The Darkness.

Here is the list of winners:

Best Radio Show: Zane Lowe

Best New Band (supported by Radio 1): Kings Of Leon

Best Video (supported by MTV2): Radiohead - 'There There'

Best Single: The White Stripes - '7 Nation Army'

Best Film: 'Lord Of The Rings - Return Of The King'

Rock And Roll Man Of The Year: Har Mar Superstar

Best Live Band (supported by Carling): Queens Of The Stone Age

Living Legend: Arthur Lee Philip Hall Radar Award: Franz Ferdinand

Best Event: Glastonbury

The f*** Me! Award For Innovation: Dizzee Rascal

Best International Band (supported by 4Music): Kings Of Leon

Best TV Show: The Office

Rock 'N' Roll Woman Of The Year: Brody Dalle

Best UK Band (supported by BPI): The Libertines

Best Album (supported by Virgin Megastores): Radiohead - 'Hail To The Thief'

Godlike Genius: Ozzy Osbourne

Nothing too surprising there but Radiohead, why? WHY?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's not go overboard with heaping praise on NME for offering sensible awards.

Afterall, who can ignore their wanky "100 greatest albums of all time" lists which they publish every year, which are inevitably a crock of shit, featuring about 20 bands from before 1985.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
That says it all really southern FM upset about the darkness. Rediohead win two awards. The boys are legends. True class.

Surprised to see Kings of leon pick up bes tinternational artist ahead of the white stripes and strokes though.

Yay for Har Mar Superstar :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Godlike Genius: Ozzy Osbourne punk: punk: punk:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Radiohead have been making people want to slit there wrists for over a decade now....hooray ???

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Vinyl Richie said:
Radiohead have been making people want to slit there wrists for over a decade now....hooray ???

Errr No, They aren't depressing and are inovative musicians with bucket loads of talent who perform the most amazing live gigs and produce f***ing awesome albums.

End of story.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
Errr No, They aren't depressing and are inovative musicians with bucket loads of talent who perform the most amazing live gigs and produce f***ing awesome albums.

End of story.

Yay! Let's have another debate about Radiohead.

Me next: They are poobum.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
tinx said:
[Radiohead] are inovative musicians with bucket loads of talent who perform the most amazing live gigs and produce f***ing awesome albums.

Absolutely. Completely agree with that. But they're still pretty depressing.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Radiohead are about as much good as those warts you get on the end of your knob after shagging some moose you found in the corner of a club the night before.....oh and they are depressing b:censored:ks too

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Baileys, I never said I didn't like them. I like depressing music. I used to f***ing love raidohead, but then they just got boring for me and as every new song of theirs merged into one I lost interest. Those boring wrist slitting, plague plague and death f***ing whiners. :p

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
:lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Im glad the libertines won and Franz Ferdinand as well.
Radiohead are not bad, talented but a bit prone to some wank stuff in the name of pushing music further. Their videos are always great though, best ever Street Spirit. All in all I think their recognition is deserved, plus very good live. Still think that their best album is the second one.
Har Mar Superstar? Saw him at leeds supporting the thrills and he was good, but not 'rock and roll man of the year' or whatever it was he won.

Have had some faith slightly restored in NME, but am stilla touch critical of their willingness to promote bands who seem a bit fashionable and alternative just for the sake of it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Have had some faith slightly restored in NME, but am stilla touch critical of their willingness to promote bands who seem a bit fashionable and alternative just for the sake of it.

Like Kings of Leon?

I like em but The Strokes or the White Stripes a better international bands as tinx says, either should have won Best International Artsit ahead of them even if it is a bit obvious.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Indeed its obvious cause its true, I don't think I could pick between the two but they are both better than kings of leon even though I quite like them too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports