Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Need to buy an adult's birthday cake in Brighton - recommendations?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
All a bit short notice. As per title, need to buy an adult's birthday cake tomorrow or Sat. No theme but just needs to be decent enough. Someone recommended Bravo Patisserie, then someone else said they were rubbish, same for the Hellenic bakery at 7 dials (conflcting reports). Do M&S or Waitrose do off the shelf decent cakes? Sorry it ain't Albion related, I can't go to the semi so I'm trying to ignore it until the day (will watch with family).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
M & S do some nice quality off the shelf birthday cakes . Truffles in Hove also do some nice ones , although you have to pre order if you want a cake for more than 8 people .

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
All a bit short notice. As per title, need to buy an adult's birthday cake tomorrow or Sat. No theme but just needs to be decent enough. Someone recommended Bravo Patisserie, then someone else said they were rubbish, same for the Hellenic bakery at 7 dials (conflcting reports). Do M&S or Waitrose do off the shelf decent cakes? Sorry it ain't Albion related, I can't go to the semi so I'm trying to ignore it until the day (will watch with family).
"Adult cake"...?

Could do a job? Not a recommendation.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There's not a man, woman nor child alive who wouldn't be absolutely delighted with a Colin the Caterpillar cake.
The thing is, they’re actually really nice too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
image1 (4).jpeg

image0 (5).jpeg

I baked these for my grandson's 1St

Attachments

• image2 (3).jpeg
    image2 (3).jpeg
    482 KB · Views: 27

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Sugar dough - Victoria Terrace in Hove - always have nice fresh, hand cooked cakes - really nicely decorated.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
DSCF0294.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here