Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Munchen

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Does anybody here live and/or work in Munich? I'm just mulling over a contract there and am bereft of first hand experience to inform my decision. I suspect I'm staring down the neck of a wurst'n'beer-fuelled gift horse, but are there any potential PITFALLS I should be aware of? Cost of living, unorthodox dress requirements and so forth...

Many thanks.

:albion:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've heard nothing but great things about the place, to be honest. Affluent, high standard of living, mountains and lakes not that far away.

Actually, I'll go if you don't want to. :)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Codner's Crackpipe said:
...are there any potential PITFALLS I should be aware of? ... unorthodox dress requirements and so forth...

You will be required to wear leather shorts with braces during office hours.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
As I thought, it sounds almost as nice as Bethnal Green.

Office dress restrictions aren't a problem as I wear lederhosen pretty much all the time anyway. I'm thinking 1860 could prove a useful short term stepping stone on the gulf between the Albion and Bayern. MoH, I could maybe use a butler if you're interested?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Codner's Crackpipe said:
As I thought, it sounds almost as nice as Bethnal Green.

Office dress restrictions aren't a problem as I wear lederhosen pretty much all the time anyway. I'm thinking 1860 could prove a useful short term stepping stone on the gulf between the Albion and Bayern. MoH, I could maybe use a butler if you're interested?

OK, game on. But I'd NEVER work for a Bayern fan! Yuk.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
More seriously, I have a good friend who's lived down there for the last 5 or 6 years - and he swears by it. Great city, great bars, and as Harveys points out, only about an hour from the mountains. What's not to like?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
OK, game on. But I'd NEVER work for a Bayern fan! Yuk.

Well, quite. Obviously I would be cheering for the opposition every week, especially when Herta come to town in October.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I lived there for six weeks during the World Cup, and it was excellent.

Very picturesque, plenty of bars, restaurants etc, friendly people and an easy train ride from the Alps.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If you weren't convinced already, this should clinch it...air stewardesses...in DIRNDLS...

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/htm...c=nachrichten/app/show/en/2006/09/601/HOM&s=0 :sheep::drool: :drool: :tosser: :tosser: :thumbsup:
post-534-1157122493.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here