Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match days when you were young

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Brilliant memories, most of them were part of my youthful experiences. And I'll add another, the North stand. Nothing against the new north stand, but you Can't beat the old Northstand for Atmos, singing and those surges that lost you part of your clothing. My favourite was a massive surge after a goal that threw one of my mates to the deck. He got up, composed himself at which point I started the "lets go F*cking mental" chant which threw him down the stand again :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For me it was rushing to finish my butchers delivery boys duties for Wally Pearce in Worthing so that I could catch the train to Hove. That old trades bike with the big basket and no gears was hard work and it is quite amusing to remember that in those days the meat wasn't wrapped just had a cloth sheet over the top of the basket.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
For me it was rushing to finish my butchers delivery boys duties for Wally Pearce in Worthing so that I could catch the train to Hove. That old trades bike with the big basket and no gears was hard work and it is quite amusing to remember that in those days the meat wasn't wrapped just had a cloth sheet over the top of the basket.

Your real name isn't Granville by any chance? :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't exactly a nipper, but used to love standing on the top step of the North Stand at the Goldstone for the last couple of minutes. None of this having to leave five minutes early 'to beat the queues to the station' shit, but was nice to be able to be off and away and on the way into town as soon as the final whistle went.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I remember being a nipper at the front of a rammed West stand - My dad used to make me piss in a bottle as it was too difficult to get to the bogs! I remember we scored a goal against Ipswich when i was in mid flow once, very messy indeed. Apologies if the fella who's leg i pissed on is a regular poster on here!

Ah the memories

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was the 'keeper' of the south west corner flag. Cannot for the life of me how got the gig but took it seriously and to this day still have the badge that allowed me such power. 67ish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here