Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Local band info required

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know a decent Ska band based in lewes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lewesian Seagull said:
Anybody know of any decent Cajun / Bluegrass type bands doing the rounds in this area?

Any info much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Yes, yes and yes.

You won't find a much finer band than the Curst Sons. Brighton born and bred, excellent musicians and supported the Hayseed Dixies at Lewes guitar festival last year. I think the Hayseeds are playing the Komedia in April too and they are hillbilly brilliance. The Curst sons also played Komedia last year.

http://thecurstsons.co.uk/

:thumbsup:

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Curst Sons unfortunately want rather too much money.

Looking for a band to play a gig in Lewes.

Ska band mentioned presumably Ska-Toons. We wanted to try and look elsewhere as people get fed up seeing the same local bands all the time.

Any others out there?

Anybody remember the "Wild Turkey Brothers"?

:clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lewesian Seagull said:
Curst Sons unfortunately want rather too much money.

Looking for a band to play a gig in Lewes.

Ska band mentioned presumably Ska-Toons. We wanted to try and look elsewhere as people get fed up seeing the same local bands all the time.

Any others out there?

Anybody remember the "Wild Turkey Brothers"?

:clap:

Yes it is Ska Toons

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
a mate of mine is in a band called "furry hopkins" two are based in lewes and the other two in brighton also two of them work for the levelers and supported them at the arts club in brighton a couple of years ago better than the levelers i thought .....
they also played at the snowy in the good old days and theroyal oak .... any use to you?

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
seagurn said:
a mate of mine is in a band called "furry hopkins" two are based in lewes and the other two in brighton also two of them work for the levelers and supported them at the arts club in brighton a couple of years ago better than the levelers i thought .....
they also played at the snowy in the good old days and theroyal oak .... any use to you?

Sounds promising - got any contact details?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here