Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Levi Colwill *Signed on Season-Long Loan 05/08/2022*

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Few bits on twitter, seems to stem from The Athletic, saying Colwill is out for about 4-6 weeks with this injury.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When is JPvH's contract up? .......and has he been offered a new contract, and is it a fact that he has refused to sign one, or is that just speculative rumour-mongering?
Certainly, if he walks out of the Albion on a free, that is a bad error by the club. If there is officially actually no chance that we'll be allowed to buy Colwill, best send him back now, good as he is, and play JPvH and do whatever we can to make sure that even if we don't want to keep him, we get a good fee for him. Better than Ostigaard, IMHO - got to be worth £10M to somebody, shirley.

Ideally, we'd do both - buy Colwill and keep JPvH. After all, like it or not, Dunk isn't going to perform at top PL level for ever ...............

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We're fine. He's been great but only stepped into the starting 11 because Webster was injured, but he's back.
Yes, but Webster needs 6 weeks to get back up to speed after all his injuries. I reckon we'll start with JP as RDZ calls him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Webster does seem to take a while to get up to speed as well after injuries. But not sure how you get up to speed without playing…
I think I was hoping more of an easing back into things by u23s games as an overage player and a week or two more of quality training - but I absolutely trust whatever the manager decides. Just my thoughts

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
JVH in for me. Looks better than webster what ive seen and webster coming back from injury is a calamity

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When is JPvH's contract up? .......and has he been offered a new contract, and is it a fact that he has refused to sign one, or is that just specuative rumour-mongering?
Certainly, if he walks out of the Albion on a free, that is a bad error by the club. Of there is officially actually no chance that we'll be allowed to buy Colwill, best send him back now, good as he is, and play JPvH and do whatever we can to make sure that even if we don't want to keep him, we get a good fee for him. Better than Ostigaard, IMHO - got to be worth £10M to somebody, shirley.

Ideally, we'd do both - buy Colwill and keep JPvH. After all, like it or not, Dunk isn't going to perform at top PL level for ever ...............
I don't think they would only sign a three-year-contract with a 19-year old like Hecke was when he was bought... I imagine there is definitely a clause to extend it 1-2 years.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think they would only sign a three-year-contract with a 19-year old like Hecke was when he was bought... I imagine there is definitely a clause to extend it 1-2 years.
I hope you're right - I'm sure there is a PL player in there, even if not quite a top PL player, but still one worth several £million quid.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
JVH in for me. Looks better than webster what ive seen and webster coming back from injury is a calamity
Harsh on Webster and I don’t know how you can rate JVH as better than him.
Until his injury last season he was being touted as an England call up and now ,meh.
Yup, he does take a bit of time to get back up to speed, but unless he plays, how can he get up to speed?

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But he’s exceptional.

Why limit / disadvantage ourselves for no reason. JPVH would have gone out on loan but he wouldn’t / won’t sign a long term deal
Totally agree, whilst we need to develop we also we'd to maximize where we finish each season

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Quite a few "give me a pound today rather than £2 tomorrow" people on this topic. That isn't the policy the club have had for years under Ashworth and it is why we are where we are. We quickly will fall backwards if the successful policy is abandoned or more poorly implemented.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Annoying about Colwill but we’ve got Webster and Veltman so not a huge issue. Just a shame it seems there’s next to no chance of making his move permanent. I assume Chelsea will travel on 3 separate coaches for every game next season: one apiece for the defenders, midfielders and attackers. Then a game of bingo at the ground to decide who’s involved and which 30’players will be watching from the stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here