Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour choose 'Red Ken' as candidate for London mayor.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Joke, the bloke is a bitter crone who couldn't face the fact he was well beaten by Boris. Hope he gets beaten back into third place and takes his union friends with him

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good choice I reckon. Ken's vote was higher than the rest of the Labour party's in 2008, so he has some personal popularity to fall back on. Oona King, on the other hand, had lost a rock-solid Labour seat during a Labour GE victory - never the strongest candidate to stack against Ken.

London voters are wonderfully unreliable. Despite huge campaigns from all sorts of establishment bastions, they consistently elect mavericks like Ken (twice) and Boris.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Joke, the bloke is a bitter crone who couldn't face the fact he was well beaten by Boris. Hope he gets beaten back into third place and takes his union friends with him

He was never going to win that election though. There was a protest vote against the Labour Government. A completely clueless dick could have won it. Oh hang on...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
London voters are wonderfully unreliable. Despite huge campaigns from all sorts of establishment bastions, they consistently elect mavericks like Ken (twice) and Boris.

and it has to be said both have done (in their own way) a good thing for their electorate.

I am a firm believer in national party politics being excluded from local authorities and for local alliances to be formed that are based on policies and issues rather than central guidance or interference.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A lot of people like him, I think he's a tosser but as Lembit Opik is also running it'll be a bit of a joke anyway.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Top man and good news.

Actually bumped into Red Ken a few months ago and had a chat with him. Top man and an excellent Mayor of London.

No doubt everyone will vote for Boris though because he's 'bumbling' and they've seen him on HIGNFY.

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
"Good Old" Ken-"Harmless"--NOT!!

Had the misfortune to visit, on many work occassions, the Holiday Camp that was The Greater London Council that he ran in the 1980's until Maggie realised what he was up to and closed that shambles of an organisation down.

Enemy of the indigenous working class but a great lover of any Ethnic Minorrity cause.

Even back then all the propaganda posters were Anti-White Working Class Guys and Anti-Police which is hilarious given that he campaiged last week for the 99.9% indigenous Billinsgate Fish Porters and recruited many Police during his previous tenure.

Made a point of commissioning the proposed Muslim building to be one foot hifgher than St.Pauls ( there's a message there somewhere ).

Comes across as an affable, lovable cheeky chappie but is an odious toad, in truth.

btw: I'm not a fan having lived in London since the Mid-1950's...lol

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Boris will be well beaten.

really? recent poll by the Standard had Boris supported by 45% of Londoners and Livingston by 27%. obviously i'd expect the labour vote to swing in behind Livingstone, but King only got 9% so thats not really enough.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Had the misfortune to visit, on many work occassions, the Holiday Camp that was The Greater London Council that he ran in the 1980's until Maggie realised what he was up to and closed that shambles of an organisation down.

Enemy of the indigenous working class but a great lover of any Ethnic Minorrity cause.

Even back then all the propaganda posters were Anti-White Working Class Guys and Anti-Police which is hilarious given that he campaiged last week for the 99.9% indigenous Billinsgate Fish Porters and recruited many Police during his previous tenure.

Made a point of commissioning the proposed Muslim building to be one foot hifgher than St.Pauls ( there's a message there somewhere ).

Comes across as an affable, lovable cheeky chappie but is an odious toad, in truth.

This is the side of the man I've seen, crooked little turd.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
really? recent poll by the Standard had Boris supported by 45% of Londoners and Livingston by 27%. obviously i'd expect the labour vote to swing in behind Livingstone, but King only got 9% so thats not really enough.

Looking at it now. politicalbetting.com Boris leads in first London mayoral poll

A pretty meaningless poll. It's not a representative sample for one thing and no Lib Dem option. The Standard is very anti-Ken so you do have to take this with a pinch of salt.

But I do agree that it will be close vote, certainly can't see Boris being well beaten.

Dandyman

In London village.

Care to provide one example of an "Anti white working class" propaganda poster or that Livingstone has commissioned any religous building?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Yes and Boris really relates to the working classes, ''indigenous' or not...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here