[Albion] Joel Veltman.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never less than a 7 out of 10. I'm struggling to think of a clanger from him as well.

Absolute class.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Plays with his heart on his sleeve each and every time he is on the pitch. Really we as fans can't ask for more than that.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I don't understand how he can't even get in the Netherlands squad. I know they have a lot of talent, but he was the best Dutch defender on the pitch today

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Proper footballer. I can’t believe we picked up a player of his class so cheaply. When he signed it appeared he came as a rejected bit player, way below the premier league parapet. First class honours to the scouting team because now he’s known about he’d walk into most premier league squads. I don’t quite understand why he’s not in the Dutch squad because he really does deserve to be.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don't understand how he can't even get in the Netherlands squad. I know they have a lot of talent, but he was the best Dutch defender on the pitch today

He has featured regularly in the Dutch squad over the years. I guess a new coach comes in and has to make their mark. Maybe Veltman was associated with failed Dutch teams too. Also, there are a fair few top class Dutch defenders around.
THe best VFM debate [gross v Veltman) is a good one. I’d go Veltman. He’s been incredibly consistent ever since he got in the team. Gross is having a superb season but has had more poor spells.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I agree with this, so I understand, they have De Ligt, and Van Dyke back there. De Vris and Ake are ok. But Jurien Timber is keeping him out at RCB. Hmm, I'm amazed he's not in that squad, not least because he's versatile

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He has featured regularly in the Dutch squad over the years. I guess a new coach comes in and has to make their mark. Maybe Veltman was associated with failed Dutch teams too. Also, there are a fair few top class Dutch defenders around.
THe best VFM debate [gross v Veltman) is a good one. I’d go Veltman. He’s been incredibly consistent ever since he got in the team. Gross is having a superb season but has had more poor spells.

IMO could have been POTS last year. Always difficult to appreciate a defender who is not good at attacking but he certainly has been very consistently good. Carried the defence over the last 2 years when other defenders have been out injured or out of form.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He's probably the most "sung" unsung hero we've ever had [emoji38]

But only on NSC. He's completely under the radar in general sports media, which is crazy, he's been so good for us ever since he joined.

Those Ajax fans (a minority I'm sure) who laughed at us when we signed him are mental.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
POTS last year, only lost because he has a boring hair cut

Our best defender this last few years, stays fit and strong.

A genuine all time Albion legend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports