Joe Anyinsah

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Signed for Charlton :ohmy:

Good move for him. Charlton looking very average this year.

In other news: Albert Jarrett called up to Sierra Leone squad.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Albi had a good year last year and was rescued from the sinking ship that is Barnet. Scored a good goal staurday too.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

We're very average 'cause we're gabillions in debt and had to release everyone on more than 3k a week, which was most of our squad. We only had nine professionals on our books during pre-season, so I'm bloody glad we managed to find enough lint in the piggy bank to have a full (albeit small) squad.

What's Joe Anyinsah like? I've never heard of him, to be honest.

We've also today signed Paul Benson from Dagenham for an undisclosed fee, around £250k if the rumours/press are to be believed, although I find it hard to believe it's that much from a skint club for a player too old to have any resale value.

And apparently, Jonathan Fortune has signed some sort of deal until January. A good day's business, and we might be an outside shout for the play-offs now.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
We're very average 'cause we're gabillions in debt and had to release everyone on more than 3k a week, which was most of our squad. We only had nine professionals on our books during pre-season, so I'm bloody glad we managed to find enough lint in the piggy bank to have a full (albeit small) squad.

We've also today signed Paul Benson from Dagenham for an undisclosed fee, around £250k if the rumours/press are to be believed, although I find it hard to believe it's that much from a skint club for a player too old to have any resale value.

And apparently, Jonathan Fortune has signed some sort of deal until January. A good day's business, and we might be an outside shout for the play-offs now.

Fair enough. One of my good mates supports your lot so not too happy if you are optimistic!

Anyinsah wasnt with us for long, but I quite liked him. Quick, strong, but Id think this division is definitely his limit. Havent seen him for a year or two, but would think he's more of a squad player than someone who is going to set the division alight, but maybe thats what you need.

He scored for us against Man City, so cant be all bad!

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

Sounds like you're millions in debt, all these players you're getting! Surprised you've gone for Benson, must say.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Fair enough. One of my good mates supports your lot so not too happy if you are optimistic!

Anyinsah wasnt with us for long, but I quite liked him. Quick, strong, but Id think this division is definitely his limit. Havent seen him for a year or two, but would think he's more of a squad player than someone who is going to set the division alight, but maybe thats what you need.

He scored for us against Man City, so cant be all bad!

This, although I did think that he could play squad/bench player in the Championship and he would be a starter in this league. Good feet and touch for a player with such brute strength.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sounds like you're millions in debt, all these players you're getting! Surprised you've gone for Benson, must say.

We did a DIY administration last week, our Chairman took over the whole club, the rest of the board writing off a large percentage of their soft loans (which totalled around £30 million) and deferring repayment of the rest until we are back in the Premier League, haha! Said Chairman is obviously pumping in more money to keep us going, we were losing 30k a day last season (board had to put in £7 million and sell players to cover the year), although that will have dropped with the reduced wage bill. Basically, our annual players' wage bill equals our annual debt, our incomes covers everything apart from that. I imagine many clubs, particularly the 'bigger' (for this level) ones are in a similar situation.

Paul Benson has been the most drawn out transfer saga in years, we had our first bid for him rejected a month ago, and it was something like our sixth offer that got accepted (with Dagenham proudly boasting to the press every time they rejected one). £250k is a lot of money for someone who hasn't scored at this level, but then strikers always tend to be overpriced. We enquired about James Constable at Oxford a couple of weeks ago and were quoted £1 million!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Agree with this.

Very useful to bring on as an impact sub to run at tired defences.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not a Brighton reject but clearly a Carlisle reject, can't have done much there then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I could take or leave Anyinsah, he had the odd moment in a struggling side. I can't really think what he offers Charlton.

Give me someone like KLL, who makes things happen, any time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports