Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Jimmy Grimble

Even if he were simply an additional body, that would be useful in itself.

Fully fit though, he’s more than that - he has attributes that almost all of our current midfield options lack - hes quick, mobile, powerful, decent in the air. Things we massively lacked on Saturday, for example.
I think he flattered to deceive a fair bit. He has those raw attributes to an extent but never fully utilised them. He’s certainly quicker and more physical than our current options (bar Baleba) but that’s really not saying much! I don’t think he ever showed those attributes at a high enough level to make me think he’d be the answer to our issues.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Potter had him well-drilled at not scoring good chances - he fitted in well.

It may take him some time to get into the RDZ swing of things and start putting the odd one away.
This is the most accurate assessment IMO, he was terrible in front of goal. He may well get more chances, he’ll still need to finish them.

Just great to have another body.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I hope people aren’t getting carried away with Moder.

Easy to forget that from his injury onwards we went from a lower half team into a team that qualified for the Europa League. He’s good but I don’t think he’s the answer to any of our current midfield problems, beyond adding more depth.
I couldn’t disagree more.

He had star potential, a slow burner but he was starting to make waves in the PL and for his country too. He was above the level we were at and one of the reasons we were on an upward trajectory. This idea he was crap in front of goal, so were nearly all our midfielders under Potter, Tross aside… and he loved the woodwork too lest we forget.

Alzate annoys me too, should never have been let go (again) as clearly he was going to get chances to play, unless we were seriously expecting Adam to (ever) stay fit… mistakes have been made.

Back to Moder, if he returns (eventually) at a similar level to when he got injured he will be like a brilliant new signing. Offers more than we’ve seen from Mo so far, a better option than young Jack.

I live in hope that he gets there :)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Any decent addition to our midfield will be a welcome one. To have someone who won’t expect to play every game is no bad thing as obviously we’ll manage his game time.
I could see him play as a number ten in the RDZ formation. I think he had the physicality to play the role.
In the Poland World Cup qualifier in the game before his injury, he was their best player. He has quality but never scored the goals his potential threatened. I think that would change under RDZ.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Starter against Marseille?

He’s not been named in the Europa League squad so can’t take part in the group stages. He’s been named in the PL squad though so hopefully he’ll feature at least from the bench soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
lol, as if people are holding it against him that he didn’t score goals whilst playing for Potter! We were renowned for not scoring goals under Potter, it wasn’t unique to Moder.
I seem to remember Moder being very good at shooting but mostly missing the target by 5” - 10”. I have absolutely no doubt that like Solly’s shooting, RDZ will slightly recalibrate Moder’s technique and he’ll be banging them in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This has been a long long injury - 18 months? Any examples of players that have come back from such a long lay off and been as good as previous?

Solly March was about 11 months between injury and playing his first competitive minutes, wasn’t he? Unfortunately it feels like more often than not players tend to never get back to the levels they were at and see out their contracts before being released to a lower level. Thinking of players like Izquierdo and CMS.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
You'll not be the same player after an ACL injury, or such a long layoff.
I hope Moder can get back to playing regularly, but I think he is still a way off our PL match day squad
Did Shearer not do his ACL twice and come back fine both times? Although I don’t think he was as out for as long as Moder has been.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This has been a long long injury - 18 months? Any examples of players that have come back from such a long lay off and been as good as previous?

Solly March was about 11 months between injury and playing his first competitive minutes, wasn’t he? Unfortunately it feels like more often than not players tend to never get back to the levels they were at and see out their contracts before being released to a lower level. Thinking of players like Izquierdo and CMS.
The point you make is fair. I can't think of any examples of players who have been out for 18 months and come back to be as good.

However he has a chance. Izquierdo and CMS both had a game based on explosive acceleration. Moder is more of a, glide around the midfield prodding passes out of tight areas, type player.

I also think there is a point about age here. A player over around 28, in my experience has little chance of a successful recovery after a year out with this kind of injury. Moder has had this bad injury relatively young, his body has more of a chance to fully recover.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The point you make is fair. I can't think of any examples of players who have been out for 18 months and come back to be as good.

However he has a chance. Izquierdo and CMS both had a game based on explosive acceleration. Moder is more of a, glide around the midfield prodding passes out of tight areas, type player.

I also think there is a point about age here. A player over around 28, in my experience has little chance of a successful recovery after a year out with this kind of injury. Moder has had this bad injury relatively young, his body has more of a chance to fully recover.
I hope you're right.

Exactly the type of player we need to have available

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still training with the 1st team and seemingly making good progress.

We’ll surely see him getting some EPL minutes before the year is out?
IMG_3537.jpeg

Dec 29, 2011
Still training with the 1st team and seemingly making good progress.

We’ll surely see him getting some EPL minutes before the year is out?View attachment 168288
He will play some minutes in December as we will probably have about 30,000 fixtures in 10 days.

I'm very interested to see where he will fit in DeZerbis system. I suppose as a Gross replacement in the DM role allowing Gross to move to RB if needed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He will play some minutes in December as we will probably have about 30,000 fixtures in 10 days.

I'm very interested to see where he will fit in DeZerbis system. I suppose as a Gross replacement in the DM role allowing Gross to move to RB if needed.
Yes, where he fits in is far from obvious. I'll go for number 10/support striker as another option.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, where he fits in is far from obvious. I'll go for number 10/support striker as another option.
Agree. Can’t think of anywhere else.
However, not sure he’d ever be a first choice from there, but a useful squad player, and I’m sure would not let anyone down.

Physically he’d add something as well in terms of height.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here