[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That will do him the world of good.

De Zerbi talks about him from 3:04 in his interview. He calls him a big player already and compares him in personality to Dunk, Gross, Lallana and Welbeck. That's some praise for an 18 year old. Have we potentially got our next Dunk?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just love the fact we have another Hinshelwood playing for us. Takes me back a few yearsvthat is for sure. Yes, he was class tomight. LOVE the connection too.
I hope his knees are better than his Dad's or great uncle's.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Chelsea Todd, Losestanley and the other fella are currently at Cobham preparing a £265m offer...

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
It makes me feel very old that I remember his Dad as a young player coming through

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It makes me feel very old that I remember his Dad as a young player coming through
Yeah I was saying to my boys during the game on Thursday night how much it was taking me back to Withdean with Hinshelwood Jr Jr on the pitch and Virgo in the commentary box. Vividly remember watching the Adam’s lining up at right back and centre back in front of me!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Away at Chelsea, away at Villa, away at Forest, away at Athens, away at Chelsea.

Baptism of fire.

That's kinda my issue relying on Hinshelwood and Bounanotte in matches like this. We are playing them when we are fighting fires with an unbalanced squad. Probably not the best development for Bounanotte in particular and it's a shame he didn't get his loan out.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's kinda my issue relying on Hinshelwood and Bounanotte in matches like this. We are playing them when we are fighting fires with an unbalanced squad. Probably not the best development for Bounanotte in particular and it's a shame he didn't get his loan out.
The narrative on this needs to change - how much has the lad to do to convince you that he deserves a position in the squad?

Be the only player to score a perfectly executed goal in a match against 10 men, while playing out of position perhaps?

Hinshelwood is also proving he deserves a place - he made a signifiant and PL competent contribution on Thursday v AEK and today, he took on one of the best wingers in the EPL and did us proud.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The narrative on this needs to change - how much has the lad to do to convince you that he deserves a position in the squad?

Be the only player to score a perfectly executed goal in a match against 10 men, while playing out if position perhaps?

Hinshelwood is also proving he deserves a place - he made a signifiant and PL competent contribution on Thursday v AEK and today, he took on one of the best wingers in the EPL and did us proud.
Gilmour, a young lad himself, did a great job mentoring Jack, showing him where to go and what to expect, which he followed without question.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Be the only player to score a perfectly executed goal in a match against 10 men, while playing out if position perhaps?

He did really well today, but up to this point, he's looked like a player that other teams target

But he's taken his chance. Had Fati, March, Enciso and Welbeck not all sustained long term injuries, it's a chance he probably wouldn't have got

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He did really well today, but up to this point, he's looked like a player that other teams target

But he's taken his chance. Had Fati, March, Enciso and Welbeck not all sustained long term injuries, it's a chance he probably wouldn't have got
I agree - he had a target on his back the moment he signed for us - his reputation proceeded him - probably can blame Rosario manager, Tevez, for comparing him to Messi - I also agree, were it not particularly for March’s injury, he would not have been getting so many minutes initially but he has converted those minutes to starts with commitment and hard work, maximising his chances of becoming a regular starter for us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree - he had a target on his back the moment he signed for us - his reputation proceeded him - probably can blame Rosario manager, Tevez, for comparing him to Messi - I also agree, were it not particularly for March’s injury, he would not be getting so many minutes initially but he has converted those minutes to starts.
And to be fair, most players get their first chance because of an injury etc.

I think the other point about why Facu gets questioned, is that at the start of the season he looked to most (well i'll just speak for myself) as though he's a year behind Sarmiento in his development, so it's a little unclear why he was kept to play out of position when there was a player who has performed at this level, who would be playing in the correct position who got sent out. I'm not saying I could do better than RDZ, I just think that plays a part in the thought process of those judging him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports