Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its the Summer of Cider !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You just cannot beat a pint of Cider in the marvelous weather at the end of the day.

Had 5 pints of Blackthorn Saturday afternoon to feel somewhat pissed ( usually drink Strongbow ). It was to my surprise that I noticed in the supermarket yesterday that Blackthorn Cider is 6% !. Still managed 5 whiskies Saturday evening.

With the 1 pint on Friday, its a solid 17 units which should be 23 as 6% pints are really the equivalent of 3 units each.

What did Chapman come up with and how is the detox going , must be hard in this weather !.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I drink my cider in halves but it is delicious especially in this weather

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Last week was preety bad overall. I was drinking lots. Don't realyy want to know how much exactly. I stopped counting after the 14 bottles of Stella on thurdsday.

Oh yeah, Detox failed, two pints last night. Oops.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
mmmmmmmm Strongbow - had to down a few last night in celebration of some friends exchanging on their house purchase....always a pleasure...:lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
had some of that organic cider in the organic pub (funny about that) in Brighton a few months back....don't seem to recall the journey home strangely enough... :p

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always drink cider whether it's the "out of the back door of the farm" stuff, that is a plus of being a Somerset resident, or the mass produced Blackthorn/Scrumpy/Strongbow stuff.

I always chuckle when people come out with "Are you a big girl" or similar, seemingly oblivious to the fact that even Blackthorn is considerably stronger than Stella et al. And that's if these people ever step up from the 'cooking lager'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a tiny pub out near East Grinstead at a place called 'Colmans Hatch'. The pub is actually called 'The Hatch'.

Now I don't know if they still do it but in my youth (admittedly a goodly while ago), they used to brew their own cider. It was the kind of stuff that you didn't realise was giving you a problem until the floor jumped up and hit you in the face.

Incidentally 'Cider' in America is non alcoholic ........ Unless it's imported from here that is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not true bhae - I enjoyed some excellent, and very alcoholic cider, in some pubs in Edison (NJ).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yeah ? Hmm, I sit corrected. I have amused myself in the past by getting American visitors pissed on Strongbow ....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Took me a while to get back into cider after a rather heavy drinking/vomiting session in my teens.
But a cold pint on a day like today is the way to go.

All you cider heads should get yourselves down to Middle Farm Shop, on the A27 at Firle - where you'll find the pretentiously named "National Collection of Cider and Perry".

Buy it by the barrel, gallon, half-gallon or litre. But only after trying the free samples.

Hundreds of different varieties from all over the country.

:drink:

PS - The guy who runs it is my next door neighbour - if you can call a field of EU Setaside "next door". Long live the Common Agricultural Policy! - it brings peace and quiet to the countryside.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I haven't drunk cider since I bought a 5 litre 'carton' from a farm whilst on holiday in Cornwall about 12 years ago........ :drink: :drink: :drink:

I blew chunks big time that day...............
pukeface.gif

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
In America cider is, to the general public , a non alcoholic apple drink.
They do have imported 'real' cider, and I belive a shite U.S. offering called woodchuck.
This does throw the odd yank into a spin from time to time.

Long live Merrydown, the cider of mad men.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was so hot, I could resist 3 pints of Strongbow last night. Chilled in the freezer, feel the urge again !.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How to torture someone sitting in a hot office until 5pm :ohmy:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
dreadful unfair torture - especially since the girls have cancelled drinks tonight :( I shall have to go home and iron instead :mad:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nothing to get steamed up about although I suspect that the thought of it leaves you a bit flat.

Hope you're not board .............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here