Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton Britain's Hippest City

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would love to be able to live in brighton and hove, people who moan about it don't know how lucky they are.

I can certainly think of one good thing about Brighton :lolol:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
No its just a place to live really. I note this Guardian journo didn't venture to Whitehawk Moulsecoomb Coldean etc. That is real Brighton, not the plastic commercial Brighton that appears to have evolved between the Piers.

And what is Fanshawe banging on about now. I do wish he'd sod off back to Devizes.

Excuse me

I've lived in Whitehawk for over 10 years and it's a good place to live and people like you who probably have never been to whitehawk shouldn't really comment and say how bad the place is.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
This is one of my PET hates, but I think everywhere does it. E.g. The lansdown-> star -> lansdown in Lewes or the Prince Albert -> Bridge -> cock and bull in Uckfield.

But it's on a far far bigger scale in Brighton which I guess indicates a lot of people have only a short term link with the place.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
No its just a place to live really. I note this Guardian journo didn't venture to Whitehawk Moulsecoomb Coldean etc. That is real Brighton, not the plastic commercial Brighton that appears to have evolved between the Piers.

So WHY don't you just f*** off elsewhere?

You're constantly crowing on about how you don't like Brighton for what it is so why not just toddle off to somewhere that is more in keeping with your outdated views and ignorant twaddle?

Might I suggest Witney?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My boss went to Brighton for a 'fun weekend' away last Friday. Booked a nice hotel and went full of expectations.

When he came back to work on Monday I asked him if he had had a good time. He said it was okay, but he couldn't believe:

The number of homeless people in doorways.
How often he was pestered at cash points.
The amount of litter.
The fact that everybody who served him was eastern European.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's full of too many dickheads who look like this...

Alexis-Petridis.jpg

:lolol:

Shave off all the hair and add some Gok Wank-ish specs and you're almost there :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would love to be able to live in brighton and hove, people who moan about it don't know how lucky they are.

I agree with bushy.

And - following on from another thread - if all people have to moan about is the hen & stag parties then that's just plain weird.

B&H is whatever you want it to be. And very easy to take for granted.

Some weekends you can walk along the seafront and marvel at the fact that you're at the seaside and you don't have to pack up and get in the car at the end of the day and go home to a real life town like you did when you were a kid.

Other weekends you do nothing more hip than go to the launderette, watch the Albion, have a pint in the Brewery Tap, get some chips out of Jenny's (RIP) and do your Sunday hal-price shopping at Somerfields in London Road.

Then again, last weekend I walked ten minutes down the road to England's oldest cinema, watched a bio-pic of Ian Curtis followed by a talk panel feat. the drummer out of Joy Division/New Order and the ex-chief photographer of NME.

And twice in the past week I've almost been mown down at the bottom of Preston Drove by bloke on a bloody ten foot high bike. Bloody cyclists!!!

Wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK, me.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
iphones
hanover dads
lesbian jugglers
boutique hotels
man bags
southover dinner parties
new labour

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Personally I don't actually come from Brighton (although I went to school in Hove which I know doesn't count), but from more rural/commuter belt inland Sussex.

However as the nearest big town, Brighton always had a comfortable vibe going for it when I was growing up - despite the obvious social and economic issues that it shared/shares with all other big towns and cities - so it always suited me and I like the place - never having actually lived there.

I have lived in several other places (some infinitely more big and inner city than Brighton could and possible would ever aspire to), but I have always had a soft spot for it and Sussex in general, even though I will never probably live there again. :)

[yt]pE9vc2cO170[/yt]

D

Deleted User X18H

So WHY don't you just f*** off elsewhere?

You're constantly crowing on about how you don't like Brighton for what it is so why not just toddle off to somewhere that is more in keeping with your outdated views and ignorant twaddle?

Might I suggest Witney?

My point is this the real Brightonians of the suburbs I mention would not consider Brighton is hip at all just a place to live.

I can't just move anyway I have to keep an eye on my tenants:laugh:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What is this obsession you have with "real" Brightonians not living in the city centre?

I live in BN2, was born in BN2 and still think the city is pretty "hip" all things considered

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My point is this the real Brightonians of the suburbs I mention would not consider Brighton is hip at all just a place to live.

I can't just move anyway I have to keep an eye on my tenants:laugh:

real Brightonians in the suburbs.....you mean chavs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here