[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’d be very excited to see this lad lining up for us next season. Fits our style like a glove.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Anyone know who the last player we signed direct from Serie A was?

I was going to say that lad in the youth team who we ended selling for (up to) £5m. Mateju?

Then I googled him and we signed him from Viktoria Plzen :lolol: Did sell him to an Italian club though which is obviously where I got confused.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d be very excited to see this lad lining up for us next season. Fits our style like a glove.
Lots of interactions between himself and Amrabat on his showreels.

I’ve read that we’ve asked Fiorentina about his availability. He’d be a great replacement for Caicedo. Not better of course (I don’t know many players who are) but potentially highly effective in our system.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I was going to say that lad in the youth team who we ended selling for (up to) £5m. Mateju?

Then I googled him and we signed him from Viktoria Plzen :lolol: Did sell him to an Italian club though which is obviously where I got confused.
Yeah we seem to have no issue selling players to that league - see Ostigard also, for a handsome profit.

Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, Poland, Germany, plus of course the more obscure South American leagues in recent windows, seem to have held far more appeal for the club for incoming players since we came up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is a central defender not mid field.
As above, I was referring to Amrabat not Igor but my post was a touch ambiguous, especially being in the Igor thread.

Like Igor, his contract is up next year at Fiorentina (although they may have a year option of some sort). The price of £30m seems to have been mentioned a number of times with this player, this is likely to be a third of what we get for Caicedo and could be a very good investment if we are discussing players sales with the Italian team. They seem to be interested in similar players to us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As above, I was referring to Amrabat not Igor but my post was a touch ambiguous, especially being in the Igor thread.

Like Igor, his contract is up next year at Fiorentina (although they may have a year option of some sort). The price of £30m seems to have been mentioned a number of times with this player, this is likely to be a third of what we get for Caicedo and could be a very good investment if we are discussing players sales with the Italian team. They seem to be interested in similar players to us.
I thought Amrabat was terrific in the world cup. But haven't seen him before or since

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Amrabat was key to Fiorentina’s run to the Final against West Ham. He made them tick in the games I saw.
Man United were interested in him as a back up to Mount albeit he’s a more defensive midfielder than Mount.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Does Igor have the quality to challenge for a starting spot? He looks decent in those reels but I noticed he was on the bench for Fiorentina in the Conference League final.

Would going after him be instead of or in addition to Colwill or a frontline signing?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought Amrabat was terrific in the world cup. But haven't seen him before or since
I thought he was Fiorentina’s stand out player in the EC final against West Ham.

Bit of across between Mac and Caicedo. A good playmaker & passer with a brilliant eye for the intercept. He is being linked with the like of Liverpool and Manure but I wonder if we could sneak in the back door if both those teams sign other targets.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does Igor have the quality to challenge for a starting spot? He looks decent in those reels but I noticed he was on the bench for Fiorentina in the Conference League final.

Would going after him be instead of or in addition to Colwill or a frontline signing?
On the bench then came on and gave away a stupid penalty, and got done by a straight long ball for the winner 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports