[Albion] Ibrahim Osman **Signing Confirmed 10/02/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bbc Uk GIF

Dec 29, 2011
People are always going to try and replicate success. The challenge for us is how do we improve from a position of strength to remain a step ahead.
They don't have access to our statistics. This is the key. Even if they had all the raw data I doubt they'd know how to interpret it. Until the time teams like Chelsea, Manchester City etc spend millions per year hiring dedicated analytics teams of 10-15 data scientists, we're always going to have that advantage. To be honest I can't see it happening in the near future.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They don't have access to our statistics. This is the key. Even if they had all the raw data I doubt they'd know how to interpret it. Until the time teams like Chelsea, Manchester City etc spend millions per year hiring dedicated analytics teams of 10-15 data scientists, we're always going to have that advantage. To be honest I can't see it happening in the near future.
Whatever we like to believe about Starlizard and it's data I'm absolutely certain the likes of City have just as much information about potential players (or at the very least more than enough).
The problem isn't teams getting the same data as us, it's teams changing their transfer tactics. Once all the big boys start harvesting the youngsters we are going to find things very tricky.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Whatever we like to believe about Starlizard and it's data I'm absolutely certain the likes of City have just as much information about potential players (or at the very least more than enough).
The problem isn't teams getting the same data as us, it's teams changing their transfer tactics. Once all the big boys start harvesting the youngsters we are going to find things very tricky.
Harvesting the youngsters is one thing, giving them game time in the Premier League is another.

To begin to match our model they would need to give them playing minutes and then allow them to move on to bigger clubs if suitable offers are made.
Just how brave are these 'big boys'? Do they have big balls like RDZ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Harvesting the youngsters is one thing, giving them game time in the Premier League is another.

To begin to match our model they would need to give them playing minutes and then allow them to move on to bigger clubs if suitable offers are made.

That's the key. At the moment we have a rep as the club in the Prem to come for outstanding young talent. THe challenge is to maintain that standing and keep the conveyor belt moving.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yep, that's not likely to happen on a large scale. The genuinely bigger clubs with countries as owners will buy proven talent mostly as they do now.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's not just about having the best data though. It's about how it's interpreted. Bloom's history suggest he's a world leader on that score.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
They don't need our data or interpretation, if they are just going to bid for our targets!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t think any big club would have given Alexis the game time we did. He was pretty poor for a long time then it all clicked.

Caicedo was brilliant from the start.

Bissouma took a bit of time - would he have got that long at a big club?

Enciso looked like a competition winner at Stoke last season. We stuck with him.

Buonanotte looked miles short last season. We have stuck with him.

Until other teams and fans are prepared to give them a chance we are in a strong position.

Now where do I go to write of this lad from Southampton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Caicedo was brilliant from the start.
Caicedo looked below average in the U23 games he played at a deserted Lancing, then went on loan to Beerschot, who finished *checks notes* BOTTOM of their farmers' league.

THEN came into our side, and hit the ground running...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Caicedo looked below average in the U23 games he played at a deserted Lancing, then went on loan to Beerschot, who finished *checks notes* BOTTOM of their farmers' league.

THEN came into our side, and hit the ground running...
True. Sorry I meant first team time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports