Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’m not being unsympathetic to his issues but millions of soldiers went through far worse in various wars seeing their colleagues killed in front of them and they had to get on with it , they couldn’t ask to be hospitalised because it was effecting their mental health .
A great many soldiers have (and were, going back to the first world war at least) been hospitalised because the war was affecting their mental health.
I'd like to think we've moved on from the days when people might be shot for not being able to cope.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seems like there’s more stuff to come out , apparently even his own colleagues at the BBC weren’t happy with some of his behaviour towards some of the younger female staff .

Yes he may well have problems with his mental health but I don’t think it’s great that he’s left his wife to deal with all this .

As we Americans would say , Man up .

I’m not being unsympathetic to his issues but millions of soldiers went through far worse in various wars seeing their colleagues killed in front of them and they had to get on with it , they couldn’t ask to be hospitalised because it was effecting their mental health .

Yes mental health is a big issue and it’s good that people and organisations are much more aware of it but unfortunately it seems to be like many things in England it has been taken to the extreme by some people as a means of shirking responsibility for one’s actions.

The timing of going into hospital as soon as this story broke is very convenient that’s what I’m saying .
I understand what you’re saying but it’s clumsily and perhaps cynically written.

I guess unless you’ve suffered severe mental health issues you might think that way too.

IMO, it’s probably pointless trying to compare hardships from different generations. There are millions right now suffering equal hardships as previous WW2 etc generations did.

It’s like comparing footballers from different generations. Ultimately pointless, but endlessly debatable.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Have you considered that being targeted by a popular national newspaper, presented as buying "sordid images of a child" and the comparisons to jimmy saville that immediately followed these reports, being suspended, possibly having his marriage severely damaged, if not completely ruined, being responsible for his children having to deal with these same claims, and the fear and paranoia of all the possible outcomes (from losing his job, being abandoned by friends and family to being attacked by a posse of locals) might just possibly have triggered an episode, or exacerbated underlying issues?
Clearly not. Can't or won't get past 'man up.'

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have you considered that being targeted by a popular national newspaper, presented as buying "sordid images of a child" and the comparisons to jimmy saville that immediately followed these reports, being suspended, possibly having his marriage severely damaged, if not completely ruined, being responsible for his children having to deal with these same claims, and the fear and paranoia of all the possible outcomes (from losing his job, being abandoned by friends and family to being attacked by a posse of locals) might just possibly have triggered an episode, or exacerbated underlying issues?
Yes . Poor old Huw .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The point I as trying to make , is there is a wide spectrum of mental health issues and how people are effected .

Towards the higher end you have people walking around Times Square muttering to themselves and occasionally shouting if someone walks too near them .

Then you also have someone like Huw Edwards who despite clearly suffering from mental health issues previously is still able to go on national tv , read the news , take instructions from an earpiece , look in the right camera and function at a high level .

All I am saying is that someone like him who can clearly function at a high level despite his issues , should then at the very least be able to put a statement out in his name when this story broke , rather than leaving it to his wife who must be mortified. It’s not like he’s not media savvy is it .

That’s why I used the phrase man up . It’s not a phrase I would use very often as I think it can have negative connotations however in this instance I feel it’s appropriate.

I’m not belittling his mental health issue but I feel he could still have taken more responsibility for handling it better .
Rubbish - of course you are belittling his health issues. The man has been hospitalised ffs.

Depression does not affect everyone the same, or everyone all the time.

Get your information right before posting such drivel.

Pathethic.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes . Poor old Huw .
Maybe I'm misreading this, but this seems sarcastic/cynical. Which may be well placed, I don't know. Apologies if I'm misreading it, but I wouldn't be surprised if others have that cynicism, so...

My presentation of the situation was on the basis of the police saying no evidence of anything illegal, and the sun now backing off and claiming they never said anything illegal, and the alleged victim releasing a statement via their lawyer that the story is rubbish, but let's suppose something illegal did happen, and that evidence comes out and the alleged victim changes their tune and admits they were protecting an income source, it doesn't really change my point (neither does it change if you're happy nothing illegal took place, but believe it was immoral enough to warrant having no sympathy for someone having mental health concerns).

A lot of it still applies if my assumptions (and the police) are wrong; the comparison to Saville is arguable. But it still results in being suspended, having his marriage severely damaged, if not completely ruined, being responsible for his children having to deal with these same claims, and the fear and paranoia of all the possible outcomes (from losing his job, being abandoned by friends and family to being attacked by a posse of locals).

Even if you think he brought those repurcussions on himself through illegal or immoral actions, they still might just possibly have trigger a mental health episode, or exacerbate underlying MH issues, which would explain why someone whose mental health was in a position 10 days ago to let him read a teleprompter on TV, but whose condition from 7 days ago has deteriorated to the point he is in a position where he can't really come out publically making statements

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Who dares wins.
Huw dares, wins for a while.
Huw loses.
Huwge salary pays for legal battle.
Fighting hard for future earnings and stardom with ex News of World c##t.
Time to retire my beautiful lovely man.
07982 435265

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Rubbish - of course you are belittling his health issues. The man has been hospitalised ffs.

Pathethic.
Sorry didn’t realise you are the worlds expert on mental health and I’m not allowed an opinion. Rude ..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes . Poor old Huw .
You are on a roll tonight. Anyone else you want to mock or kick?

I have decided you are a miserable pin head, and you're going on ignore. f*** you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pathethic.
Well said.

Some completely clueless oafs posting on this thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry didn’t realise you are the worlds expert on mental health and I’m not allowed an opinion. Rude ..
I had you on ignore a few years ago for oafish posts, but then you seemed like a decent bloke after all.

But, f*** me, you are monumentally thick. And parsimonious. Not a great look.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe I'm misreading this, but this seems sarcastic/cynical. Which may be well placed, I don't know. Apologies if I'm misreading it, but I wouldn't be surprised if others have that cynicism, so...

My presentation of the situation was on the basis of the police saying no evidence of anything illegal, and the sun now backing off and claiming they never said anything illegal, and the alleged victim releasing a statement via their lawyer that the story is rubbish, but let's suppose something illegal did happen, and that evidence comes out and the alleged victim changes their tune and admits they were protecting an income source, it doesn't really change my point (neither does it change if you're happy nothing illegal took place, but believe it was immoral enough to warrant having no sympathy for someone having mental health concerns).

A lot of it still applies. The comparison to Saville is arguable. But it still results in being suspended, having his marriage severely damaged, if not completely ruined, being responsible for his children having to deal with these same claims, and the fear and paranoia of all the possible outcomes (from losing his job, being abandoned by friends and family to being attacked by a posse of locals).

Even if you think he brought those repurcussions on himself through illegal or immoral actions, they still might just possibly have trigger a mental health episode, or exacerbate underlying MH issues, which would explain why someone whose mental health was in a position 10 days ago to let him read a teleprompter on TV, but whose condition from 7 days ago has deteriorated to the point he is in a position where he can't really come out publically making statements
Napper is an old school twat. And I won't be reading his rubbish anymore.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh look, ironic thumbs up.

Napper and Potty are trolls, on here to be obnoxious and then laugh when people don't like it.

1689367445060.png

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I had you on ignore a few years ago for oafish posts, but then you seemed like a decent bloke after all.

But, f*** me, you are monumentally thick. And parsimonious. Not a great look.
Well I have a first class degree so I don’t think I can be as thick as you suggest . My opinion may differ from yours however we live in a democracy and I’m entitled to say what I think .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here