Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Seems like there’s more stuff to come out , apparently even his own colleagues at the BBC weren’t happy with some of his behaviour towards some of the younger female staff .

Yes he may well have problems with his mental health but I don’t think it’s great that he’s left his wife to deal with all this .

As we Americans would say , Man up .

I’m not being unsympathetic to his issues but millions of soldiers went through far worse in various wars seeing their colleagues killed in front of them and they had to get on with it , they couldn’t ask to be hospitalised because it was effecting their mental health .

Yes mental health is a big issue and it’s good that people and organisations are much more aware of it but unfortunately it seems to be like many things in England it has been taken to the extreme by some people as a means of shirking responsibility for one’s actions.

The timing of going into hospital as soon as this story broke is very convenient that’s what I’m saying .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems like there’s more stuff to come out , apparently even his own colleagues at the BBC weren’t happy with some of his behaviour towards some of the younger female staff .

Yes he may well have problems with his mental health but I don’t think it’s great that he’s left his wife to deal with all this .

I’m not being unsympathetic to his issues but millions of soldiers went through far worse in various wars seeing their colleagues killed in front of them and they had to get on with it , they couldn’t ask to be hospitalised because it was effecting their mental health .

Yes mental health is a big issue and it’s good that people and organisations are much more aware of it but unfortunately it seems to be like many things in England it has been taken to the extreme by some people as a means of shirking responsibility for one’s actions.

The timing of going into hospital as soon as this story broke is very convenient that’s what I’m saying .
With all due respect - your country has incidents of teenagers shooting other kids at school very regularly. I’m not sure we need ‘mental health’ advice from your basket case of a country.

Also walk round any American city and you see a huge mental health problem not being dealt with

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With all due respect - your country has incidents of teenagers shooting other kids at school very regularly. I’m not sure we need ‘mental health’ advice from your basket case of a country.

Also walk round any American city and you see a huge mental health problem not being dealt with
I agree , there are lots of people that do need help and have extreme issues . That doesn’t mean everyone.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I only buy The Sun for the sport.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

One word makes it clear that what follows is idle speculation...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kelvin Mackenzie (I know) has waded in with his size 10s, confirming it was a male, whilst trying to take the moral high ground for the Sun.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Well colour me stunned

So maybe they line about not getting any money from The Sun was true. Other bits of the empire? Not so much...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

it called the dogs of schofield so expect to see similar tactics used with other questionable types

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kelvin Mackenzie (I know) has waded in with his size 10s, confirming it was a male, whilst trying to take the moral high ground for the Sun.

Nicky Campbell the other morning allowed C@ntin McKenzie to be a guest with his pro Scum agenda.

A key party to the orchestrated lies against the Hillsborough dead, and sustained for years afterwards.

I put him on a par with Bill Archer.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not commented on this yet as it was so unclear as to what's actually gone on.

As far as I can tell Hew has paid a load of money to some lad on Onlyfans, and tried to meet them. This just stinks of the parents of the other party trying to cash in on the schofield situation. Onlyfans exists to sell content, there's no case to answer.

I think people are conflating details of schofield with this, it's muddied the waters IMHO. Schofield had a case to answer because of the grooming element. In this case I can't see that it's anyone's business what Hew or an adult content provider spends their money on.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Yeah, I thought we'd moved past the very very very basic entry phrase for fragile masculinity, but clearly wrong. Even in the context of the post, where the poster feels that Edwards has hidden behind his wife and mental health, that the man has been hospitalised it is wild that the poster expects him to just get up and get on with it instead. Regardless of your thoughts on this "situation" surely we've learned by now that mental health is not something you can just "man up" about?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Putting this on a separe post because it'll get jumped on I'm sure.

It's interesting that all of our resident addicts of left wing twitter have taken exactly the same line on this subject as they did on the schofield thread i.e turning it into into some kind of left v right thing without taking into account the subject matter. They haven't got an original thought in their heads.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not commented on this yet as it was so unclear as to what's actually gone on.

As far as I can tell Hew has paid a load of money to some lad on Onlyfans, and tried to meet them. This just stinks of the parents of the other party trying to cash in on the schofield situation. Onlyfans exists to sell content, there's no case to answer.

I think people are conflating details of schofield with this, it's muddied the waters IMHO. Schofield had a case to answer because of the grooming element. In this case I can't see that it's anyone's business what Hew or an adult content provider spends their money on.

Even if the parents received no money, out of a parents understandable angst about their loved one having a Cocaine habit, they're thrashing around looking to blame and destroy someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here