Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He is also facing claims about inappropriate behaviour toward two current and one former, junior members, of BBC staff. They all state feeling uncomfortable at the messaging, which happened this year. It remains to be seen whether any more allegations emerge.
" This remains a very complex set of circumstances " ( Tim Davie )
From Pop*tch

The Sun have been having a hell of a time trying to retrofit a public interest to their Huw Edwards story, pulling up any old incident of workplace misconduct they can find to pin on him now that the police are saying there's no evidence of any crime.

It's a shame they've put themselves in this position because if all they wanted was a story about a news broadcaster who has made life uncomfortable for colleagues by sending them "inappropriate messages", they have a really juicy one much closer to home. It will involve asking some difficult questions, but they have an excellent starting lead. 

They should still have all of Dan Wootton's old HR files stashed away somewhere – so maybe they could start there? There's bullying allegations, NDAs - even a few pay-offs they could get the guys in finance to dredge back up. While they're doing that, they could look into why Wootton kept getting promoted while some of those who lodged complaints got sidelined.

Former colleagues seem perfectly willing to chat – but hey. We shouldn't be doing their job for them. Just start pulling at the thread. See what you find...​

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The BBC licence fee should be stopped. The BBC is not fit for purpose.
What do you mean by fit for purpose out of interest? It’s a very common easy to throw about type comment for all manner of things when people are unhappy with or have cause to complain. Be interested to hear what it means to you in this context.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what actually happened?

Did he pay a young adult for sexy pictures?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So what actually happened?

Did he pay a young adult for sexy pictures?
Nobody knows. The young adult says the 'allegations' are bollocks. Maybe he's lying.

I was in a parallel situation once over intellectual property. My employer accuse my collaborators of stealing my IP. I told them the IP was not my invention. This cut no ice as my employer (via the IP team) insisted I was wrong. Five years later the wankers involved (the IP team) have been sacked and the IP is now patent protected.

The Sun, by the way, are two faced ****s.

Reactions: A1X

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nobody knows. The young adult says the 'allegations' are bollocks. Maybe he's lying.

I was in a parallel situation once over intellectual property. My employer accuse my collaborators of stealing my IP. I told them the IP was not my invention. This cut no ice as my employer (via the IP team) insisted I was wrong. Five years later the wankers involved (the IP team) have been sacked and the IP is now patent protected.

The Sun, by the way, are two faced ****s.
I just want to hear more about the celeb who shagged someone in a wheelchair in a public disabled bog tbh. That story has FAR more legs (unless the one in the wheelchair didn't, of course).

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

The Sun comic is not fit for purpose. It continues to act with impunity, and it’s clear that Murdoch has viewed this as another way of attacking the BBC, which he loathes. That it has at least partially backfired and invited fresh scrutiny of his debt-riddled rag, is a positive side effect. The Sun has been loss-making for years, Murdoch only keeps it as a propaganda tool, to keep dripping his poison into our country, which he holds in contempt.

The BBC’s senior leadership is compromised having been effectively installed by Boris Johnson and chums as ‘friendly’, rather than for any competence in the role.

Despite this, the BBC continues to do surprisingly well on a far smaller budget than previously, despite giving (let us say) ‘kind’ coverage to our incumbent government, and clearly being forced to run a certain amount of government propaganda.
(it was always thus, does anyone remember how comprehensively we were softened up for the Iraq campaign by endless bulletins on how those naughty Iraqis were developing/had developed weapons of mass destruction?)

We absolutely need stronger media ownership laws. Too much sway is held by too few people at the present time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
From Pop*tch

The Sun have been having a hell of a time trying to retrofit a public interest to their Huw Edwards story, pulling up any old incident of workplace misconduct they can find to pin on him now that the police are saying there's no evidence of any crime.

It's a shame they've put themselves in this position because if all they wanted was a story about a news broadcaster who has made life uncomfortable for colleagues by sending them "inappropriate messages", they have a really juicy one much closer to home. It will involve asking some difficult questions, but they have an excellent starting lead. 

They should still have all of Dan Wootton's old HR files stashed away somewhere – so maybe they could start there? There's bullying allegations, NDAs - even a few pay-offs they could get the guys in finance to dredge back up. While they're doing that, they could look into why Wootton kept getting promoted while some of those who lodged complaints got sidelined.

Former colleagues seem perfectly willing to chat – but hey. We shouldn't be doing their job for them. Just start pulling at the thread. See what you find...​

Taken straight off the BBC website.
Don't read the Sun or any newspaper for that matter. Its the Beeb reporting what their own employees have been telling them. Or maybe, they are all making it up. Who knows...who cares. Fck the lot of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just want to hear more about the celeb who shagged someone in a wheelchair in a public disabled bog tbh. That story has FAR more legs (unless the one in the wheelchair didn't, of course).
My lips are sealed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you’re going down the route of shutting down every organisation where someone prominent has committed some form of social misdemeanour then we can wave goodbye to an awful lot of them, not least basically every professional sports team (including ours).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here