[Albion] How many do we need IN this summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Tony Bloom, Tony, TB, The Chairman maybe. Just using "Bloom", the way it was done in that sentence, sounds sneery and disrespectful to me. But we're all different aren't we.
I'd feel presumptuous referring to him by his first name when I've never met the man.
As you say, we're all different. I've always preferred people to call me by my surname because my first name's so common I never know if they're talking to me or not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I want.....I just want.....everything to be completely different.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
From the embargoed presser yesterday RDZ stated that we will need another defender/full back and midfielder, but not a striker if Deniz Undav returns which he hopes he will.
Interesting.
No mention of a right winger.
Sounds like the March of progress.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
He also said that the need for another winger depends on the recovery of Mitoma and March - and that March is unlikely to be ready for the start of pre-season (because he hasn't started to run yet).

A bit of a concern going into next season with Estupinan still out and March and Mitoma (plus Hinshelwood/Milner) just coming back from long injuries. And possibly the usual Lamptey / Lallana / Webster almost guaranteed to pick one up instantly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit concerned De Zerbi indicating wanted to keep Lalana and Milner unless we are going to have a walking football team
I thought Milner did OK in midfield. It was just at LB he proved that he isn't - and never should be asked to be again - a LB. Speed of thought rather than speed over te ground, of course - will need lots of fast young legs around him.
By no means desperate to keep him, but if the manager thinks he can do a job, fairy nuff.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No mention of a right winger.
March and Adingra, if fit would be the two to be rotated. Adingra's been used a lot on the left because Mitoma's injured. If Mitoma's fit presumably he'd share the load on the left with Osman who we've already spent €20m on and, if Undav returns, repositioned Enciso, Pedro, on the left and Welbeck or Buonanotte on the right as cover.

RDZ can then take a look at on loan right wingers Sima & Mazilu left winger Sarmiento and attacking midfielder who can play on both wings Moran, to see if any are ready to be part of the squad.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
March and Adingra, if fit would be the two to be rotated. Adingra's been used a lot on the left because Mitoma's injured. If Mitoma's fit presumably he'd share the load on the left with Osman who we've already spent €20m on and, if Undav returns, repositioned Enciso, Pedro, on the left and Welbeck or Buonanotte on the right as cover.

RDZ can then take a look at on loan right wingers Sima & Mazilu left winger Sarmiento and attacking midfielder who can play on both wings Moran, to see if any are ready to be part of the squad.
No never €20m , maybe half of that ,

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He also said that the need for another winger depends on the recovery of Mitoma and March - and that March is unlikely to be ready for the start of pre-season (because he hasn't started to run yet).

A bit of a concern going into next season with Estupinan still out and March and Mitoma (plus Hinshelwood/Milner) just coming back from long injuries. And possibly the usual Lamptey / Lallana / Webster almost guaranteed to pick one up instantly.
That Miranda guy from Betis could be perfect cover (with Barco and Igor) for Estupinan until October. He is a left back but seems like Veltman in that he rotates at LCB rather than LWB or LW.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don’t see the point of signing either of the above for another season , both have been injured for at least half the season
Much better spending on 2 new players , who can actually play 90 mins
By that logic we need to replace half the squad!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I thought Milner did OK in midfield. It was just at LB he proved that he isn't - and never should be asked to be again - a LB. Speed of thought rather than speed over te ground, of course - will need lots of fast young legs around him.
By no means desperate to keep him, but if the manager thinks he can do a job, fairy nuff.
I can only remember him playing 1, maybe 2 games in midfield? He had one good game that I can remember. Mostly I feel I’ve been watching him getting skinned at LB

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2 x huge CMs
1 x Right back
1 x forward if Undav goes

That should do but depends if anyone first team leaves.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think Juanlu Sanchez from Sevilla is on our radar for right back. Sevilla are in financial sticky stuff and need to sell. He’s only 20 and not the finished article but with Veltman and Hinshelwood also able to play right back we can blood him in over time. We were rumoured to be after him last summer and we often go back in for players after having expressed an interest in a previous window.
Midfield, I’d like us to retain Gross and then get Dewsbury-Hall or Adem Zorgane who I believe is nearing the end of his contract.
If Undav goes then I think we are likely to use funds to get someone like Reiss Nelson.
I think we’ll try to offload Lamptey as he only has 12 months left on his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports