[Help] His Majesty King Charles

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you rate King Charles' first year as King?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I used to be in favour of the monarchy, but after an extensive visit to Paris where every palace and state building is owned by and completely accesible to the people l've swung the other way. I want the UK to become a republic

since we're stuck with them for now I'd like them to modernise more such as crushing our colonial past, giving full independence to former colonies, apologies and reparations.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not heard much of anything about him (granted 10k miles away) so that instantly gets him the 7 which seems to be the lowest the poll goes? Glad to hear he might have even done some good.

I do kind of wish in the modern age we could get them retiring at retirement age and younger heads given the lead role. Perhaps with something honourific for the senior member. If we’re not careful we’ll continually have 70+ year olds which whilst not TOO far off a NSC demographic, might not be the best for making the monarchy modern.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I used to be in favour of the monarchy, but after an extensive visit to Paris where every palace and state building is owned by and completely accesible to the people l've swung the other way. I want the UK to become a republic

since we're stuck with them for now I'd like them to modernise more such as crushing our colonial past, giving full independence to former colonies, apologies and reparations.
Forcing them out of the Commonwealth might be a good start. Which former colonies do you have in mind that lack full independence?

t's interesting that the Elysee Palace is fully accessible to the people. (Albeit only 3 days per year.) Have you seen Macron's private apartments? What are they like?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Complete lack of interest but I am genuinely shocked that it is a now a year since Her Majesty died :eek:

Charles will always be dull wing nut ears to me :shrug:

Camilla however must have been a bit of a goer when she was young :lolol: Charles was punching above his weight if he wasn’t a Royal.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With an average so far of in excess of 8.7 out of 10 its fair to say he has done an exceptionally good job in his first year.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Mad See Ya GIF by 1st Look

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The two lasting impressions he has made on me this year are:

1. His beaming face when he returned to The Fatherland as King. Like returning to London from Down Under with the Ashes.
2. His huge fat sausage fingers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I had pledge my allegience to him when I became a Canadian citizen. That was a bit weird (much like the monarchy).

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
With an average so far of in excess of 8.7 out of 10 its fair to say he has done an exceptionally good job in his first year.
Less of the sarcasm and show bit of respect you peasant!

Anyone can see you have rigged the poll and I refuse to vote if the highest score I can award is 10/100

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Loved the Queen, impossible act to flow, but he is doing a stout job of it. William and Kate are total stars though, that's the modern monarchy. They work damn hard at it too.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
How can you have a poll where 1-6 is missing. Ridiculous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports