Desert Orchid said:
Bobby's on 8k per week, so I think it's a question of priorities

£8k a week!! You kidding Dessie?

:ohmy:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I've been told 4k on plenty of occassions,

Looks like we've all heard different eh so who actually knows?

No one probably...

A good mate of mine got to know Mark Farrington well after floging him a car when he was at the Albion. He was on £780 a week then! Money well spent eh? :shootself

Lush said:
To get media contracts etc you need to be in the limelight as a player or manager. Reserve Team coaches don't get media jobs and neither do 2nd Choice keepers.

Au contraire. Generally summerisers are exactly the opposite the of people in the limelight. Dave Beasant is a name, he always will be, regardless of what he's up to. Sky even use the Hull City manager (name escapes me at this time) for goodness sake! He's the sort of bloke that would always be welcome on such shows because of who he is (the whole Crazy Gang thing).

However, I do think £500 a week is a bit of an insult. But then if that's all we can afford then that's all we can afford and as people have already said, I would rather us not break the bank for a reserve 'keeper when there are far more important positions to fill.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Zamora no more than 4k surely as much as I love him !

Beasant will get a better offer from somewhere, theres plenty of cash flying around in the lower divisions still, ask Chris Armstrong, Paul Kitson, etc etc.

The money just isnt flying around at the Withdean.

And we need what few pennies we have for 2 strikers......

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I heard Butters would only come if his wage was tied to the highest earner in the club, f***ing joke cos weve still got to pay it for another year! He better be trying to get fit!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep Butters owes us Big Time.
There are too many players earning too much money that dont deserve it.
Butters being a VERY LARGE culprit..literally

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It is not we can't afford to pay him more, but we have a budget to stick to, and there are other areas that need strengthening.

Coppell obviously feels we can get a back up keeper for £500 or less.

Remember, we can play 5 defenders or 4 attackers in one team. We cannot play more than one keeper. (Unless BEasant fancies himself as a striker.)

midlandseagull

Jul 7, 2003
bewdley
Albion Dan said:
I heard Butters would only come if his wage was tied to the highest earner in the club, f***ing joke cos weve still got to pay it for another year! He better be trying to get fit!

Who is this Buttery person....surely a figment of peoples' sad imaginations....no well-run club would have allowed itself to be so ill-used:flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here