Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Not sure I agree, certainly black armbands for all involved plus a minutes silence then the National Anthem at the start?

We obviously have to wait and see although decision will need to be made quickly.

If games go ahead it will give us all the opportunity to show our thanks and respect with a minutes silence. Football, despite all its faults, is very good at doing that.

It will be very emotional.

Rest In Peace, Your Majesty

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Who would have thought Potter's departure could have been overshadowed by something even worse. RIP ma'am and thank you. God Save the King.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Normally it would be London Bridge, but as she died in Scotland, Operation Unicorn came into it. That includes lying in state in Holyrood Castle, before returning to London by train to lay in state there.
A National Day of mourning and then the funeral arrangements.

Thank you Ma’am for 70 years of service to this country, even up to Tuesday. You have served us faithfully and diligently.

God save the King.

Did you meet HM in your days of service?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
RIP your majesty. A steady hand on the tiller for an era of tumultuous change. You guided the country with expertise and loyalty, never faltering in your service to your nation. God bess you, and thank you.

Long live the King!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
View attachment 151693

It hurts.

Rest in peace Ma’am.
Was very much feeling the sadness at the end of an era, but that attachment opened the floodgates!

I do hope that those who are ardent anti-Royalists, and in particuar those who think it's smart and cool to post flippant and tasteless 'jokes' will have the grace to keep quiet for a few days, or at least stay off this thread.

RIP a great lady.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Really heartening to see the considered and compassionate responses on here to this sad news.

On the whole you're a decent bunch.

RIP

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Was very much feeling the sadness at the end of an era, but that attachment opened the floodgates!

I do hope that those who are ardent anti-Royalists, and in particuar those who think it's smart and cool to post flippant and tasteless 'jokes' will have the grace to keep quiet for a few days, or at least stay off this thread.

RIP a great lady.

Yep. I’m doing that. My issue has never been with the person herself. RIP

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Serious question, do they start replacing the bank notes and stamps?

Only when they reach the end of their useful life - anything newly printed and minted will bear the image of King Charles III

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really heartening to see the considered and compassionate responses on here to this sad news.

On the whole you're a decent bunch.

RIP

I think it underscores her lifetime achievements when many self proclaimed republicans and non royalists are saying ‘I didn’t think that I would feel like this’.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perfect minute silence by Real Sociedad supporters at Old Trafford :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here