Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A source can be dismissed but a it's a bit much to call DDN "Jew-hating acolytes." Is @aolstudios really telling us the likes of Naomi Klein and the late David Graeber are antisemitic? He may find the latter's thoughts interesting (or, more likely, he won't bother listening):

He is an excellent speaker isn’t he? - reiterating many of the points made on this thread - in particular that is entirely possible to be Jewish and be against Netanyahu’s right wing Government without being anti-semitic or anti-Israel. I find his comments of how antisemitism has been weaponised by those who have agendas unrelated to a concern for the safety of Jews so accurate and also why an accusation of anti-semitism made against a Jewish people giving Palestinians a voice could be deeply hurtful and offensive. I thought his comments about Palestinian perspectives not being represented in Western media is also very true as were his attention to different definitions of zionism. As a Jewish person that has tried to express these views here and been challenged for them, it is a very affirming video for me personally - thank you so much for finding it.

(Corbyn was still an unelectable anorak though 🙂)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have to say, neither of you have engaged with any of the points made, either by the posters or in the videos they have posted.

It appears that some people, when confronted with facts or opinions that oppose their own, simply resort to epithets and insults. It's not very intelligent or a particularly 'good look', in my opinion.

I think @Zeberdi is right to disengage with you two but I think it is to the detriment of this thread and this board in general. I think most people reading this thread will agree that his posts are thoughtful and well-researched.

You don't win an argument by shouting people down or bullying them off the board.

Yep, totally agree. Shameful behaviour by some posters on this thread.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
South Africa are unlikely to get very far with this and even if the ICJ ruled in favour of the applicants, it is unlikely Israel will adhere to any ‘legally binding decisions’ - any decision will also be too late to influence current ceasefire dialogue as cases can takes years to go through the ICJ. However the application to the Court coming from a Country with a strong standing in its own struggle against apartheid, it is clear signalling that Netanyahu is conducting his war on Hamas under the close critical eyes of the international community.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Well, that'll be an unbiased event.
Peace & Justice, my arse. That's Jezza's own project, still utterly obsessed with Jews

You are so utterly wrong, you have to wonder if it isn't wilful.

Think what you like of Corbyn, he isn't - nor has he ever been - "obsessed with Jews".

His apparent 'mistake' was to criticise the Israeli government's behaviour, which, in turn, made him the target from right-wing Israelis, Zionists and their supporters. They were utterly shit scared that the UK would end up with a leader that spoke the truth about Palestine.

"Zionists are obsessed with Jeremy Corbyn", is a much more honest analysis of the situation.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You are so utterly wrong, you have to wonder if it isn't wilful.

Think what you like of Corbyn, he isn't - nor has he ever been - "obsessed with Jews".

His apparent 'mistake' was to criticise the Israeli government's behaviour, which, in turn, made him the target from right-wing Israelis, Zionists and their supporters. They were utterly shit scared that the UK would end up with a leader that spoke the truth about Palestine.

"Zionists are obsessed with Jeremy Corbyn", is a much more honest analysis of the situation.
Rightio mate

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Rightio mate

Thanks for your considered rebuttal.

Have you ever wondered that the reason you have no meaningful responses to these posts may be that you have taken positions on Palestine and JC based upon your personal or religious biases, that don't stand up to any moral or intellectual scrutiny?

Asking for a friend.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
you're making a **** of yourself....you know that ...right..?
You're aware that on the subject of magic Grandpa, you're in a minority, right? I'm from a Labour family, brought up on a council estate. I never met a working class person who didn't think he was an utter dick head (& a sick joke in the Labour party until he bizarrely fluked the leadership).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Thanks for your considered rebuttal.

Have you ever wondered that the reason you have no meaningful responses to these posts may be that you have taken positions on Palestine and JC based upon your personal or religious biases, that don't stand up to any moral or intellectual scrutiny?

👍 As mentioned before there are other threads better suited to those of this position.

One is in permanent meltdown, while another is hands down behind a melt in waiting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here