Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first casualty of war is the truth etc etc. But in this conflict I think one side in particular has more readily available technology to manipulate the media, which in my view they also do constantly all across the world even in times of relative peace. See below.

As always, until the BBC say they are confident a claim is fact, it isn't.

Long live the state funded, yet independent BBC.

And the tories (well Mad Nad and chums) wanted to flog it off? ???

Ask yourself why.

(No nefarious gang of shitters want the actual truth to arrive, with a hallmark, such as that which the BBC provides most of the time - when it isn't being bullied by government - preventing the opportunity to peddle lies).

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The first trucks have crossed the border into Gaza; carrying food, water and medicine to the desperate civilians. So far, Israel have only permitted twenty vehicles to head into Gaza, and despite carrying crucial aid, they are not supplying any fuel to the region. (BBC)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I read that this morning - it covers some of the very same incidents I'd posted about a few days back.

It portrays an utterly horrific situation: members of both the army and the general population able to shoot and kill others for no reason at all and with absolutely no retribution of any kind from anyone How can this be a thing?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like 99% of your contributions to this forum - this is nonsense
Come on, please - we're better than that.

Play the ball and not the man. Debate the point made if you disagree with it. Or just ignore it. But don't resort to petty abuse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the myriad blessings of not being a moderator is you don't have to keep an eye on every poster.

1697880625339.png

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Come on, please - we're better than that.

Play the ball and not the man. Debate the point made if you disagree with it. Or just ignore it. But don't resort to petty abuse.
Noted and agreed going forward but felt that one needed to be called out as obvious nonsense. The same poster also makes liberal use of the laughing emoji on multiple posts rather than actually making a point. A form of trolling. Anyway will leave it there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Farage is a notorious racist who demonises asylum seekers, not at all comparable to Jones unless you've got examples of him being antisemitic and not just critical of Israel?

Where as Farage has a long and detailed history of anti semitism, but back on topic.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I read that this morning - it covers some of the very same incidents I'd posted about a few days back.

It portrays an utterly horrific situation: members of both the army and the general population able to shoot and kill others for no reason at all and with absolutely no retribution of any kind from anyone How can this be a thing?
Yes, the article reminded me of your post; and there's reference to other incidents in the Guardian feed this morning. It's horrific isn't it? It was going on pre Hamas invasion but has accelerated and intensified. And it's clearly state sponsored,with the Israeli police/ military condoning and often supporting it. The BBC article also mentions the Israeli defence/ government plan to buy 10,000 rifles to give to the Israeli settlers,,, for their defence 🤷‍♂️...what could possibly go wrong there.
Very sad to read these articles.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is war between the rich and poor
A war between the man and the woman
There is a war between the ones who says there is a war and between the ones who says that there isn’t.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, the article reminded me of your post; and there's reference to other incidents in the Guardian feed this morning. It's horrific isn't it? It was going on pre Hamas invasion but has accelerated and intensified. And it's clearly state sponsored,with the Israeli police/ military condoning and often supporting it. The BBC article also mentions the Israeli defence/ government plan to buy 10,000 rifles to give to the Israeli settlers,,, for their defence 🤷‍♂️...what could possibly go wrong there.
Very sad to read these articles.
These news reports of incidents in the OPT and how the IDF monitor them and violence by Jewish settlers to Palestinians have been going on since Israel illegally occupied remaining land of Palestine after the 1967 war (that was not included the 1948 State of Israel) then started a programme of de facto annexation of those lands to Israel by building settlements on them - The violence with which they have defended those settlements and the brutality with which they have destroyed Palestinian homes as forms of collective punishments is shocking - ( I posted numerous links to all this stuff much earlier in the thread - if people read them, they would be shocked )

What is news is that Israel’s treatment to the Palestine people is being more widely reported in the mainstream media and IMO - that is one of the best antidotes to radicalisation in the long run - the non-violent proponents of the Palestinian cause need that platform to counter the years of being demonised as the sole cause of violence in the Occupied Territories. Religious Zionist influences in Israeli politics, especially under Netanyahu, who will gradually loose the one-sided PR battle that has been launched against the Palestine people when it his own policies in managing Hamas are exposed to be underpinned by a common goal with Hamas - ie not wanting a two state solution but an expansion of Israel. Hamas because it has a radical jihadist agenda of destroying Israel that is doesn’t share with the Palestinian authority…

Dialogue and political exposure and ‘truth’ is the only roadmap to a lasting peace IMO - It’s becoming clear to most of us now that years of far right extremism in Israeli politics and increasing muslim radicalism in the Occupied Territories has just radicalised into even more violent ways of living with the territorial disputes. As such, Israel has a major security problem largely of her own making - there’s a very real risk that Hezbollah, Hamas, the Palestinian Islamic Jihads are, in a way they never have before, beginning to unite together against Israel inside the Occupied Territories of the West Bank and Gaza and the Golan Heights like a cancer that is becoming increasingly to difficult to remove.

That’s why I for one, am very grateful to Bozza for allowing an honest and frank debate on NSC on these very emotive issues and horrendous war (and the time spent having to moderate it so our ‘peace talks don’t break down’ 😉). I guess I actually see what we are doing here is more than just ‘debate’ amongst a bunch of football supporters - I see it as part of what is needed globally - good, honest and informed discussion among the general populations and on the media if we are to hold our leaders truly accountable …for that to happen, truth first of all needs to prevail.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here