Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just want to add, actually it’s not that complicated. It’s a war waged by Islamic extremists who want to destroy Israel. As it’s the only country in the Middle East that isn’t Islamic .

It’s easy to feel sorry for the Palestinians regarding their day to day living situation with restrictions etc but if they would show they can live peacefully and not vote in a terrorist organisation to represent them , the western world would be a lot more sympathetic.

Shooting elderly women , young children at random , and jumping around celebrating their deaths is the behaviour of a society that doesn’t have any morals or code of conduct and that’s the problem because that is what Israel has to deal with ,

I don’t support Israel because I have a lot of Jewish friends , I support them because it is a battle between ideologies and the Ideology behind the Palestinians is not one I would ever share in a million years . Evil will never win.

So it's not complicated at all, just a simple old battle between good and evil ???

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
(1) Just want to add, actually it’s not that complicated. It’s a war waged by Islamic extremists who want to destroy Israel.

(2) It’s easy to feel sorry for the Palestinians regarding their day to day living situation with restrictions etc but if they would show they can live peacefully and not vote in a terrorist organisation to represent them , the western world would be a lot more sympathetic.

(3.) Shooting elderly women , young children at random , and jumping around celebrating their deaths is the behaviour of a society that doesn’t have any morals or code of conduct and that’s the problem because that is what Israel has to deal with ,

(4) I don’t support Israel because I have a lot of Jewish friends , I support them because it is a battle between ideologies and the Ideology behind the Palestinians is not one I would ever share in a million years . Evil will never win.
1. The first step to a meaningful and informed discussion is recognising that it actually is … there are extremists on both sides as I pointed out in an earlier post

2. ’Restrictions etc’ does not go nearly far enough to accurately represent the lives of Palestinians living in Jerusalem and Gazza whose civil and human rights are routinely infringed or not even recognised. https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/#:~:text=Since 2002, Israel has adopted,separate Palestinians from their families.

“Direct attacks on the Palestinian people’s homes, schools, livelihoods and water sources are nothing but Israel’s attempts to curtail the Palestinians’ right to self-determination and to threaten their very existence,”

And with the exception of the Trump administration and Netanyahu’s current Government, the ’Western World’ is a ‘lot more sympathetic’ to the plight of the Palestinian people than perhaps you realise - it goes without saying, sympathy is also with the Israeli people living under the constant fear of rocket attacks from extremists forces in the occupied areas too.

3. I suggest you google the Deir Yassin massacre and see links above

4. The only ‘ideology’ that should be relevant to both sides of any conflict is the questionable degree of humanity each side shows to the other in expressing their differences and self interests.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another ignorant stupid comment . Israel was mandated by the UN and was then attacked by its neighbours within days . It fought a war it had to win to avoid it being destroyed and kept the land it won for security reasons .
I have often disagreed with you but not on this occasion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just want to add, actually it’s not that complicated. It’s a war waged by Islamic extremists who want to destroy Israel. As it’s the only country in the Middle East that isn’t Islamic .

It’s easy to feel sorry for the Palestinians regarding their day to day living situation with restrictions etc but if they would show they can live peacefully and not vote in a terrorist organisation to represent them , the western world would be a lot more sympathetic.

Shooting elderly women , young children at random , and jumping around celebrating their deaths is the behaviour of a society that doesn’t have any morals or code of conduct and that’s the problem because that is what Israel has to deal with ,

I don’t support Israel because I have a lot of Jewish friends , I support them because it is a battle between ideologies and the Ideology behind the Palestinians is not one I would ever share in a million years . Evil will never win.
Yup. I've had endless rows with one of my brothers about this. Yes, Netanyahu is a ****. But he was a democratically elected ****. Yes the Israelis have committed atrocities. So have the British*. The fact of the matter is that you cease to be a **** when you stop. Several states around Israel won't stop till they have thrown all the Jews into the sea. No matter how badly Israel has behaved its policy is not genocide. The other lot have clearly shown, by the bestiality and depraved glee they express when the kill the innocent, theirs is.

That doesn't mean it isn't a hideous mess, however. And it is undeniable that if the Palestinians and chums did throw all the Jews into the sea it would cease. It was once called the final solution. Who knows? Perhaps the Palestinians are aware of it and think they can stick bow tie on it and call it a plan?

*(When peaceful protesters defied a government order and demonstrated against British colonial rule in Amritsar, India, on 13 April 1919, they were blocked inside the walled Jallianwala Gardens and fired upon by Gurkha soldiers. The soldiers, under the orders of Brigadier Reginald Dyer, kept firing until they ran out of ammunition, killing between 379 and 1,000 protesters and injuring another 1,100 within 10 minutes. Brigadier Dyer was later lauded a hero by the British public, who raised £26,000 for him as a thank you.).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The situation in Ireland was a lot less complex and essentially there were just two parties trying to rationally work out their differences in the mid 90s with help from US, UK and Eire none of whom had any interest in the conflict persisting.

Iran is hell bent on destroying Israel and are doing it by proxy using Hamas (and Hezbollah in the north and east). All the time this external threat exists then many Israelis will support the right wing parties and although in the minority they get into power by making alliances with Zionist extremists parties who are driving the annexation of land which continues to exacerbate the problem.

I see their there is some mention of pan-arabism, this conflict is not about Arab v Jew, its Israel versus Iran with the latter sitting in the background (most of the time) supplying weapons and planning attacks using people who are aggrieved by what's going on. Not sure if people are aware but there have been a number of actions between Israeli and Iran in Syria over the last few years. there is no way Israel will give up the Golan Heights. Israel is actually quite friendly with Saudi, Egypt and a few other Arab states who are anti- Iran.

It would help Israel politically if they reduced the annexation of land on the West Bank and indeed set up a prosperous Palestinian community to show what life could be but the attacks are just pushing that further away ( note this had happened previously but odd terrorist attacks persuaded a lot of Israelis this was not the right action).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The situation in Ireland was a lot less complex and essentially there were just two parties trying to rationally work out their differences in the mid 90s with help from US, UK and Eire none of whom had any interest in the conflict persisting.

Iran is hell bent on destroying Israel and are doing it by proxy using Hamas (and Hezbollah in the north and east). All the time this external threat exists then many Israelis will support the right wing parties and although in the minority they get into power by making alliances with Zionist extremists parties who are driving the annexation of land which continues to exacerbate the problem.

I see their there is some mention of pan-arabism, this conflict is not about Arab v Jew, its Israel versus Iran with the latter sitting in the background (most of the time) supplying weapons and planning attacks using people who are aggrieved by what's going on. Not sure if people are aware but there have been a number of actions between Israeli and Iran in Syria over the last few years. there is no way Israel will give up the Golan Heights. Israel is actually quite friendly with Saudi, Egypt and a few other Arab states who are anti- Iran.

It would help Israel politically if they reduced the annexation of land on the West Bank and indeed set up a prosperous Palestinian community to show what life could be but the attacks are just pushing that further away ( note this had happened previously but odd terrorist attacks persuaded a lot of Israelis this was not the right action).
Excellent intelligent and balanced summary - much better than mine . 👍

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. All Israel needs to do is give back stolen land. People think our government is right wing - Israel's government is almost as far as you can get right - ironic really.
So should Alsace Lorraine be German, should south west France be Spanish or indeed should it be part of a separate Basque state. should all Americans leave the US and give it back to the Indians (who often pinched land off each other). It 80 years ago can the land just be returned? At what point should land be returned given there were Jewish settlers in the area 2000 years ago?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think the Israeli response is generally more ‘one hundred eyes-for-an-eye’.
What I’m struggling with is how Israel got caught with its pants round its ankles.

Motorbikes, a tractor and a few paragliders against what I thought was meant to be the best army in the world. Surreal!!

The hostage videos are absolutely horrific and my heart goes out to the innocents on both sides.🥲

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if Russia and Iran are supporting Hamas, Iran because of their (Leaders) hate of israel and Russia as a distraction for the USA in its support of Ukraine. Just an extension of their involvement in Syria. Global chess with human lives as pawns.
Iran are in conflict with Israel and so will be behind it, certainly providing the armaments. Surprised they did not get Hezbollah to do the same in the North in a coordinated attack though that is an area which Israel has been fighting actively the last few years on a daily basis.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wouldn't be surprised if Russia and Iran are supporting Hamas, Iran because of their (Leaders) hate of israel and Russia as a distraction for the USA in its support of Ukraine. Just an extension of their involvement in Syria. Global chess with human lives as pawns.
I doubt it myself. If we were talking about Hezbollah, then it'd be a different story.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What I’m struggling with is how Israel got caught with its pants round its ankles.

Motorbikes, a tractor and a few paragliders against what I thought was meant to be the best army in the world. Surreal!!

The hostage videos are absolutely horrific and my heart goes out to the innocents on both sides.🥲
Think its a Holy period there at the moment .... same thing happened with Yom Kippur in 1973...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now I had always thought this was a fight between Israel and Palestine being backed by Various Arab states, the USA and various Western states, Russia and various Eastern European States, some Arab states supporting Western states (even if they fund terrorist acts against those western states), some Arab states backing Russia, nearly all the states trying to get something out of it and a background of a good few hundred years of ethnic history.

But this thread has finally set my mind at rest that it's just good people v evil people :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here