Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half cut at job interview. Do I or don't I?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well you still type better pissed than I do sober, so you seem to be in good working order. Go GET that job.

:thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tell the truth that you had a few beers with your lunch. It's not a crime and it wasn't as if you were expecting the interview or that you had any work to do in the afternoon. The guy may have been down the pub himself.:drink:

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Lets just hope that the interviewer doesn't read NSC.

And having only ever been to one pub in Kemptown, which was the Barley Mow, then god help the rest of them if that was the best..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And don't drive to the interview.

Denting the new boss's car because you were a bit pissed while reversing into the space MAY not assist you in getting the nod.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was offered my current job when my (now) boss phoned me on my mobile as I was playing pool in the Kings Head. Don't think I was that far gone at the time, but the jukebox was blaring and it must've been quite obvious I was drinking and playing pool at 12.15 on a Tuesday afternoon.

Damn I miss being unemployed.
:(

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Easy 10 said:
I was offered my current job when my (now) boss phoned me on my mobile as I was playing pool in the Kings Head. Don't think I was that far gone at the time, but the jukebox was blaring and it must've been quite obvious I was drinking and playing pool at 12.15 on a Tuesday afternoon.

Damn I miss being unemployed.
:(

Down the pub at 12:15 in the afternoon? I'm impressed...

that anyone that didn't have to can get up that EARLY.:eek:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I had a recruiter ring me once for a phone interveiw and I was totally shitfaced.:lolol:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
bhafc99 said:
You could say you'd been to a funeral (no-one too close, so you don't have to sustain the lie if you get the job - an old family friend will do) this morning, so apologise if you're not on top form.

Chap should then sympathise and say he's sorry to have to called you in in that case.

You come back with some reply about it not being a problem, in fact it rescues you from being gloomy down the pub with everyone else from the funeral.

Then, without ever saying it, you've implied you may have had a drink. But in a context which is forgivable.

Superb :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
garry nelsons left foot said:
Down the pub at 12:15 in the afternoon? I'm impressed...

that anyone that didn't have to can get up that EARLY.:eek:
Well there's only so much Trisha I can watch in bed before I get restless. Once the pubs are open I'm usually hankering for a BEATER, some cheesey chips, and a game of pool or arrows.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
If you don`t get the job repeat the performance you put on down the pub this afternoon and ring him up and tell him he can F**k right off out of it. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well if anyone's interested it went surprisingly well.

Been asked back for a formal assessment (oo err) tomorrow.

I'm normally fairly conservative in job interviews, trying to be more realistic than optimistic but those Harveys I sank gave me rather a lot of false confidence and I was ranting away about how brilliant I was for what seemed like hours.

Every question he threw at me I was like "I'm SUPERB in that area, in fact I'm better than anyone else you could possibly be currently employing. In fact if you don't give me this job you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life, capische?"

And he f***ing loved it. Lapped up my every bullshit word. Proof if ever it was needed that drink IS the answer.

Furthermore when I asked where he was watching the game tonight he asked "oh, who's playing?", confirming my suspicions that he was in fact a batty and thus allowing me the opportunity to put on my best pretty boy act in an effort to win him over.

Didn't suck his cock though

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bluejuice said:
Well if anyone's interested it went surprisingly well.

Been asked back for a formal assessment (oo err) tomorrow.

I'm normally fairly conservative in job interviews, trying to be more realistic than optimistic but those Harveys I sank gave me rather a lot of false confidence and I was ranting away about how brilliant I was for what seemed like hours.

Every question he threw at me I was like "I'm SUPERB in that area, in fact I'm better than anyone else you could possibly be currently employing. In fact if you don't give me this job you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life, capische?"

And he f***ing loved it. Lapped up my every bullshit word. Proof if ever it was needed that drink IS the answer.

Furthermore when I asked where he was watching the game tonight he asked "oh, who's playing?", confirming my suspicions that he was in fact a batty and thus allowing me the opportunity to put on my best pretty boy act in an effort to win him over.

Didn't suck his cock though

Two observations then:-
1) If he doesnt know the result when you see him tomorrow, he is certainly batty
2) You'll then need to get down and dirty to get the job

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Walk in the road, get run down, break leg.

Good excuse.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
bhafc99 said:
You could say you'd been to a funeral (no-one too close, so you don't have to sustain the lie if you get the job - an old family friend will do) this morning, so apologise if you're not on top form.

Chap should then sympathise and say he's sorry to have to called you in in that case.

You come back with some reply about it not being a problem, in fact it rescues you from being gloomy down the pub with everyone else from the funeral.

Then, without ever saying it, you've implied you may have had a drink. But in a context which is forgivable.

That really is from the top drawer. You are wasted if you are not thinking up excuses for a living.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here