clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Never thought I'd hear those words

Poyet has no fear From The Argus)

Poyet has no fear

11:10am Saturday 14th November 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By Andy Naylor »

New Albion boss Gus Poyet has no fear about launching his managerial career at Southampton.

Poyet believes he has inherited a squad capable of climbing the League One table, starting with tomorrow’s south coast derby at St Mary’s (4.30).

The Seagulls have won only one of their last ten matches in all competitions and face a Saints side unbeaten in eight games.

Poyet said: “They are doing very well now they have got the ten-point deduction out of their system.

“They have got good quality players going forward, they have been playing well at home and the pitch is magnificent but we are going there with no fear.

“We respect them. We know how they play and we know their weaknesses and we will try to take advantage of those. We are going with the mentality of winning the game.”

Poyet was only appointed on Tuesday and did not start working with the players until Thursday.

“The important thing is for the players to show a reaction, because we need a reaction, and to start winning games,” he said.

“I am absolutely convinced that we have got enough quality to win football matches every week. I am not saying we are going to win all of them but we are capable of winning them.

“If we start winning games the fans are going to love it, then everything is going to be much easier.

“I gave 100 per cent every time I played for my clubs and I become very supportive of the club where I am. I think that shows people you really care.

“I’m a Brighton fan now and everything that happens with Brighton now affects me, in the right way or a bad way, like every single Brighton fan.”

Poyet is forced into at least one defensive change, with Andrew Whing likely to replace the suspended Gavin Hoyte at right-back.

On-loan Arron Davies, FA Cup tied by Nottingham Forest for last Saturday’s 4-4 draw at Wycombe Wanderers, is available again but Dean Cox is expected to to be retained on the left wing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this man. Bring on Sunday.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think he should get the club crest tattooed on his right arm just so that we aren't in any doubt about this.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He brings up some great points, makes them well, and I want his babies...
bring on scumhampton!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I bloody love him. I might even start sleeping in a binbag outside his house or under the clutter in a nearby skip, waking to follow him from his porch to training or to his nearest Uruguayan delicatessen where he purchases a few pucheros to remind of his origins. I'll text my current girlfriend each morning that i am stuck in this routine for the timebeing but still think of her beneath the torn-off doors of reconstructed houses and the tossed-away split dog-leads the neighbours throw in the unmovable tanks that loiter on every street collecting trash and hideaway men who should know better. She'll understand. I've done it before until found. Maybe she'll phone the club shop and tell them i am there, that i lurk without any intention of harming anyone, but could become diseased and it would be best to ask the police to uncover me and ask me to leave politely, which i would do as i don't like being a seen nuisance. Either way i'll get to follow Gus' life for a time. A life if i had a little more to me might have lived for just a while.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sounds just like Slade so lets not get carried away.It's easy doing the talk.Judge him on results and not waffle.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sounds just like Slade so lets not get carried away.It's easy doing the talk.Judge him on results and not waffle.

.......seconded.

Too many managers are judged on here by their personality.

Football.............results business.

Really hoping he does well though...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports