George Barker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I dont get to see any reserve or youth games. Is he in any way ready for a spot on the bench?

I know its far from ideal having a recently non-league striker up front with an untried youngster on the bench but from what I hear he's a great prospect.

Thoughts?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I haven't seen him play but from what I've read he doesn't sound ready to feature, especially in a relegation battle. If he did struggle/play poorly then it could ruin his career at Brighton. Hold off until next year would be my choice.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I wouldn't really say that George Barker is puny; I've seen him shrug off some robust tackles in the reserves. Is he good enough to step up? There's only one way to find out...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think it could destroy him if we throw him up front in a relegation battle and expect him to get the goals to keep us up, especially when the crowd inevitably turn on him.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I wouldn't really say that George Barker is puny; I've seen him shrug off some robust tackles in the reserves. Is he good enough to step up? There's only one way to find out...

FIGHTTTTTTT!!

:lolol:

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Seen him play quite a bit he's about Ryman Premier standard at the moment he's too small and loses the ball to easy a little bit like Gatting but not as good but maybe in a year or so he'll fill out a bit and become better.

falmer2010

Dec 15, 2009
top goalscorer from youth team , as seen in argus the other day , 18 goals this season .. not bad . saw the everton game in the youth cup , he's striking partner hider is no where near his standards . alot of flair in the youth , barker , redwood , strong and caskey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports