Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Good fight, good result.

Not too much shame or disappointment in Fury not being perfectly humble in defeat. It was a pretty close fight, imo.

Usyk to win the rematch more comfortably, it it ever happens.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Me too. Carl Frampton on TNT the same. Lots of people swayed by the fact that Usyk was going forward most of the time. He got lucky not to be ruled a TKO though as well.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Split decision 😏

115-112 was spot on for me. I think usyk is the modern day evander Holyfield coming up in weights and beating a giant.

Fury did well in some rounds. It was very interesting. Hated the bit from fury about the war but hey ho. Also, Fury had 3 people talking to him between rounds, that can’t help.

On to the rematch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Usyk is unbeatable, I had a decent bet on Tyson hold my hands up got it wrong , think Tyson is now past his best , usyk wins the rematch comfortably
As I said last time, these Saudi fights have really shone a light on the heavyweight division. Usyk is the man, Fury’s CV doesn’t look as good and AJ’s looks better.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

How the ref doesn't

a. Stop the fight
b. Let Usyk finish the fight himself

I don't knkw

You’re joking of course? Parody post?

a) in title bouts, the referee will only stop a fight as a last resort. This has been the way of things for at least a century. This is because a title bout is a massive event in any fighter’s career, and can make or break said career. One premature stoppage can be the difference between a legend and a failure, especially when undefeated records are at stake. Literally every single fight is like this.

It proved to be the correct decision, as Fury made a rapid recovery and was able to fight for a further three rounds, hurting Usyk himself and giving him a chance to retain his title and win Usyk’s.

b) this shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the most basic of the rules of boxing. I can explain why if you’re serious and new to boxing and want to learn.

Siney

Jan 22, 2008

a) in title bouts, the referee will only stop a fight as a last resort. This has been the way of things for at least a century. This is because a title bout is a massive event in any fighter’s career, and can make or break said career. One premature stoppage can be the difference between a legend and a failure, especially when undefeated records are at stake. Literally every single fight is like this.

It proved to be the correct decision, as Fury made a rapid recovery and was able to fight for a further three rounds, hurting Usyk himself and giving him a chance to retain his title and win Usyk’s.

b) this shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the most basic of the rules of boxing. I can explain why if you’re serious and new to boxing and want to learn.
Why not just explain to him that if the ropes prevent a knock down, than the ref can call it a knock down, not everyone knows the rules of the sport mate.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Best example I can think of is Froch vs Taylor. Froch got beaten up for 35 minutes and then got the KO in the last 30 seconds of round 12

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why not just explain to him that if the ropes prevent a knock down, than the ref can call it a knock down, not everyone knows the rules of the sport mate.
And yet the second there is a big fight, suddenly everyone thinks they’re an expert. Just does my head in

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah thats why I stopped going to pubs for big fights.
It’s why I stopped taking my mate to the Albion too. “Why don’t they boot it up the field, their goal is down there”. Bloke watches a couple of football games a season but moans constantly and says what they should do as if he’s an expert.

That’s the problem in the internet age

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here