Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Friendliest fans

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Everywhere really, I'm a friendly sort of person and try to strike up a conversation with supporters of other clubs when I go to matches, I've yet to encounter anyone who I haven't got along with. My kids think it's funny that I talk to the opposition supporters but I find it really interesting to get their perspective, it's one of the things I like about football really. Generally speaking the further north you get the more willing folk are to engage.

papachris

The Grimsby fans I spoke to for our FA Cup game last year all seemed a nice lot. Worst by far i've experienced was Man United also in the FA Cup. So many incredibly arrogant fans, so many of them getting in Albion fans faces trying to start arguments/fights, and so many of them giving the usual homophobic crap.
Yes I agree about Grimsby. Had a good chat with their fans whilst in the queue for the car park bus

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'll go very much against the grain when it comes to Newcastle fans. Ever since the takeover, it's like a switch has been flicked and they've become thoroughly entitled and dislikeable. Especially when it comes to become apologists for the regime that owns them.
I'd agree about the minority of people who actively try and justify the Saudis (my personal favourite "that journalist should have known what to expect if he went to that embassy"), but most of them who I meet are sound people.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll go very much against the grain when it comes to Newcastle fans. Ever since the takeover, it's like a switch has been flicked and they've become thoroughly entitled and dislikeable. Especially when it comes to become apologists for the regime that owns them.
Exactly the same as our lot would be if somebody - anybody! - came in with bigger billions than our current owner and spun us some old yarn about global domination within their next Five Year Plan. We'd go belly up and ask them to tickle our tummies. That's how EPL life is, sadly :shrug:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Well I have to say I was shocked at how friendly Burnley fans were a couple of weeks ago. A mate and I went into numerous pubs near the ground and every home fan there were sound. It did shake my preconceptions if I'm honest.

Apart from Burnley, I would also say Barnsley and Preston from our Championship days. They're alright those Northerners
Been to Burnely three times in recent years (may well be the last three times we've been there outside of covid restrictions, I'm not sure) and have always found everybody very friendly and helpful.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Norwich fans have always been friendly . Stoopid but friendly.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Exactly the same as our lot would be if somebody - anybody! - came in with bigger billions than our current owner and spun us some old yarn about global domination within their next Five Year Plan. We'd go belly up and ask them to tickle our tummies. That's how EPL life is, sadly :shrug:
You don't speak for me on that Tom and I suspect I'm not the only one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
You don't speak for me on that Tom and I suspect I'm not the only one.

IMG_3923.jpeg

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
The Grimsby fans I spoke to for our FA Cup game last year all seemed a nice lot. Worst by far i've experienced was Man United also in the FA Cup. So many incredibly arrogant fans, so many of them getting in Albion fans faces trying to start arguments/fights, and so many of them giving the usual homophobic crap.
I mentioned the exact same thing to someone last week. Came out of Wembley after the game last season and had to walk past United end to get to coach. Your description of getting in Albion fans faces - old and young with colours/scarfs - is spot on. Horrible lot.

Compare that to Newcastle at home last September after we'd beaten them. Geordies came out of the away end and walked up the steps to the coach park - singing with big smiles on their faces about Europe. No negative horrible stuff about getting beat. I walked up the steps in the middle of a bunch of them and haven't had as many handshakes, high fives and hugs from away fans before.

alanfp

Feb 23, 2024
I notice that all honourable mentions are for northern towns! Even Arsenal are NORTH London.

Although 'northern' can be a relative term. When I was a young man I worked in Leeds and there was this lad from Leicestershire - From his accent I thought he was a Yorkshire local but the locals all thought he was a cockney.

May 16, 2023
We had beers with Liverpool fans in an Everton pub on the other side of Stanley Park after the away game last year and they were superb. As they were in the Arkles beforehand

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I wish I could say I have found Brighton fans the friendliest but in the past 6 months I have found some Brighton fans bitter or entitled or downright bullyish, especially to those who continue to voice support for the team and defend individual players even through a slump - it has completely changed my experience of supporting a Club that hereto, had been a positive influence in my life. I’ll probably get eaten alive for this but with family living a few miles from Crystal Palace, I have met and talked in depth to more CP fans than any other Club (apart from Brighton) over the years - every single one of them, without fail, I have been able to share a laugh at our rivalry, everyone of them has had something good to say about Brighton in recent years and everyone of them genuinely nice people. Oh and yes, every one of them has also shared my dislike of Chelsea.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wish I could say I have found Brighton fans the friendliest but in the past 6 months I have found some Brighton fans bitter or entitled or downright bullyish, especially to those who continue to voice support for the team and defend individual players even through a slump - it has completely changed my experience of supporting a Club that hereto, had been a positive influence in my life. I’ll probably get eaten alive for this but with family living a few miles from Crystal Palace, I have met and talked in depth to more CP fans than any other Club (apart from Brighton) over the years - every single one of them, without fail, I have been able to share a laugh at our rivalry, everyone of them has had something good to say about Brighton in recent years and everyone of them genuinely nice people. Oh and yes, every one of them has also shared my dislike of Chelsea.

So basically you dislike anyone who disagrees with you then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here