Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Football ground food

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
DF781FEF-40EC-4160-A823-F5D29C9595D3.jpeg

Best food I’ve had in 202 games all season, mince and potato pie at Spennymoor Town. £2.50.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
View attachment 159981
Best food I’ve had in 202 games all season, mince and potato pie at Spennymoor Town. £2.50.
Should have let us know you were up this way.
A few years ago (while living in Sheffield) I did a batch of bridge inspections around County Durham, and the lad I was doing them with became basically addicted to the pies from a bakers in Spennymoor.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Should have let us know you were up this way.
A few years ago (while living in Sheffield) I did a batch of bridge inspections around County Durham, and the lad I was doing them with became basically addicted to the pies from a bakers in Spennymoor.
Was back in December, was planning on taking in Blyth Spartans v Southport but got called off as the train pulled into Newcastle station so went to Spennymoor instead, was a belter of a game, 3-2 to the hosts against Boston United.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I manage one of the youth sides for Hungerford, we were playing matches on the pitch before their game this afternoon and the smell coming over from the kitchen was beautiful.

I was chatting to some 'groundhopper' guy up there a few months ago that came down from Suffolk for a game and this burger was the motivation for a 6 hour round trip, which I thought was pretty odd behaviour tbh, but each to their own...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I manage one of the youth sides for Hungerford, we were playing matches on the pitch before their game this afternoon and the smell coming over from the kitchen was beautiful.

I was chatting to some 'groundhopper' guy up there a few months ago that came down from Suffolk for a game and this burger was the motivation for a 6 hour round trip, which I thought was pretty odd behaviour tbh, but each to their own...
That's interesting, this said ground hopper wasn't in a wheelchair was he? We had one visit us at Horsham YMCA from Felixstowe a couple of seasons back.

However our culinary delights deffo don't match yours!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Did this man happen to be a Braintree Town supporter by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here