Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drop off at AMEX

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Didn't think I'd ever need to know this, but due to Balcombe tunnel business I do. Could someone please tell me if there is a designated spot at the AMEX for drop-offs? Many thanks.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
No there is'nt and cars are not welcomed near the stadium. Public transport is the only way. Too many cars trying to drop off is causing delay's for the park and ride and frustrations are running high.

if you have to drop off by car i would suggest you do it a mile away and walk for 15mins.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Best place to be dropped off with out the driver getting stuck in traffic or holding up traffic is probably Stanmer Park or Coldean lane, then it's only a 15 minute walk to the stadium

Last edited:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Didn't think I'd ever need to know this, but due to Balcombe tunnel business I do. Could someone please tell me if there is a designated spot at the AMEX for drop-offs? Many thanks.

No designated drop offs but parking in lewes is free after 6.00 pm and the train from here is only 5 minutes.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Could you not get dropped off around lewes road near coldean lane and walk up with the hoards of albion fans? Or somewhere around there at least, either that or you could just drive up to Sussex uni and get dropped off around the tunnel.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Going to be even more chaos tonight around stadium than on Wednesday because of this. Took over an hour to get to stadium from Mill Road P+R on Wednesday evening, leaving Mill Road just after 6!!

2 suggestions:

1. Scrap Bennets Field car park and give everyone their money back.
2. Create a bus lane pre match coming off A27 right into stadium!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No there is'nt and cars are not welcomed near the stadium. Public transport is the only way. Too many cars trying to drop off is causing delay's for the park and ride and frustrations are running high.

if you have to drop off by car i would suggest you do it a mile away and walk for 15mins.

Very much agree!!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Thanks. That's all useful. Will have acquired two nine-year-olds by that point, but the exercise won't hurt them. The regular kicks up the backside as I yell "faster, dammit" might.

Last edited:

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

i get dropped off right by the ground

no drama

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Could you not get dropped off around lewes road near coldean lane and walk up with the hoards of albion fans? Or somewhere around there at least, either that or you could just drive up to Sussex uni and get dropped off around the tunnel.

The old entrance to Sussex Uni has been blocked off and grassed over since the opening of the new one via Stanmer Park. If you're quick there's a bus stop on a slip road that leads up to the village and another on the slip road that links Lewes Road to the A27.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
go down coldean lane...turn left to falmer...right hand lane...turn right at lights go under the flyover and drop off by falmer school tunnel.

i assume you can do this without having to turn around on the falmer flyover

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
go down coldean lane...turn left to falmer...right hand lane...turn right at lights go under the flyover and drop off by falmer school tunnel.

i assume you can do this without having to turn around on the falmer flyover

Just checked on google maps and I didn't know where you meant at first, but of course the maps are out of date and don't have traffic lights on that junction shown. This is probably a good spot as your driver can then either get onto the A27 east bound, or head back to Coldean Lane and get on the A27 west bound from there, thus both ways avoiding the Falmer flyover roundabout altogether. Good tip.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Thanks again. Currently on train to King's Cross and fates seem to have been conspiring to stop me seeing this match for weeks so still not optimistic but that's a help.

seagull33

Apr 6, 2010
Well after Wednesday nights fiasco on the A27 I dont reckon its gonna be long till there is a nasty pile up on that stretch adjacent to Falmer Station. Numerous cars up on the verge and some even in the road picking people up. We were stood at the bus stop opposite, we saw a rather large lorry lock its brakes up and a coach had to take avoiding action to miss the cars as they come over the crest from Lewes . Some of these drivers hadnt even made an effort to get off the carriageway .

I just hope and pray when the inevitable foreign lorry comes pounding over the crest from lewes than nobody is killed when the crash happens I am sure it wont be long . Dont wanna sound miserable but please stay safe and just walk that little bit further and get picked up in safety please !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here