Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dreams about the Amex

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I bet plenty of you saddos have had them.

I (also a sad excuse of an adult) had one last night.

Turned out that the northstand was actually an enclosed room with a big screen at the end showing the action on the pitch. Disappointed I went for a wander to see if other parts of the ground were better and found that there weren't really any proper stands. It was more like a shakespearean theatre with tiered balcony kind of things.

:angry:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ha ha!!!
i had a dream about it last night too.
to get to the north stand, you had to cross a rope bridge covered in snow.
once i got there i discovered a tree growing right in front of my seat.
oh....and we lost 4-0 to leicester

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
ha ha!!!
i had a dream about it last night too.
to get to the north stand, you had to cross a rope bridge covered in snow.
once i got there i discovered a tree growing right in front of my seat.
oh....and we lost 4-0 to leicester

haha!

knew I couldn't be the only one

In my dream there's a Mr Whippy van behind my stand, sort of leaning a bit because of the stony dirt road. I've brought a picnic basket and the grass banks down to the pitchside, the tree growing over my spread lends a nice shade as I watch players doing almost unfeasible circus-like acrobatics with the football, in a warm light breeze, with the sound of an old bi-plane overhead. The Kia-Ora waitress is dressed in white stockings and suspenders and she brings the finest cider and bitter on her tray, asking to join me after the final whistle with her sister.
A bumble bee is curious about my picnic, and a blue and a white butterfly make inter-twining patterns as they flit to the side by my bare feet.

Far enough away but clearly visible, Arsene Wenger breaks into tears in utter humiliation as our stars trip the light fantastic juggling through his defence to score amazing goals that are so good - people burst out laughing in sheer delight at the spectacle.

The Amex is probably going to be extremely disappointing.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
had my second one last night, probably inspired by the new signings.

This time the amex was as it is, except, EXCEPT, there were loads of empty seats, at the opening game!!

Was still stunnning and the commentator who I could hear at the beginning of the dream was going on and on about how the stadium was different class.

Having not being able to get a ticket I had to follow the action by running up and down the touchline.

Apart from that the rest of the dream was surprisingly football orientated and I am pleased to report we looked shit hot.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I think they're putting something in the water, I too had my second Amex dream last night.

The first a couple of weeks ago, I was in the middle tier of the West Stand, but they built it at such an angle you could see the pitch. However the whole tier was movable.

Last night I'd cycled all the way there from Shoreham before realising I'd forgotten to bring my son, so had to ring my wife to drop him off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had a dream the other night:

It was the first game of the season and we were away to Watford, it was live on TV and Hoskins scored after 39 seconds. I was watching it on TV down on the seafront with loads of oher people.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My dream had me scoring the winner against United in the Champions League Final, which was held at the Amex (should note though that Gordon banks was in goal for some reason and the crowd were all naked ladies!)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Last night I dreamt I was undercover in the coastal base of a Bond-esque villain, trying to gather incriminating evidence on him, but I got caught and had to evade capture. I legged it, and discovered there were half a dozen other undercover people (all celebs) and it resulted in some sort of mad, Scooby Doo style chase with guards and agents running all over the joint.

I never have a dream that is vaguely normal, they're all big budget blockbusters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sadly I havn't had any Amex dreams yet.

However, when I got out of bed this morning, my pillows were laid in such a way that they immediately reminded me of the West Stand. I mean immediately.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My dreams are going to be reality soon, watching KLL run past the opposition full back in the blue and white stripes, in front of East Stand :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My first Amex dream last night, you may want to put a bet on this!

In the opening game Hoskins gets put through after about 30 seconds and gets dragged down as the last man, the opposition defender (who are playing in yellow) gets sent off and we score the pen. All this and it still only says 1 minute on the big screen :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I bet plenty of you saddos have had them.

I (also a sad excuse of an adult) had one last night.

Turned out that the northstand was actually an enclosed room with a big screen at the end showing the action on the pitch. Disappointed I went for a wander to see if other parts of the ground were better and found that there weren't really any proper stands. It was more like a shakespearean theatre with tiered balcony kind of things.

:angry:

Funnily enough, I had a dream about the Amex the other day in which there was a house in the middle of the pitch. All the players were having trouble getting round and over it. The stands were all terraces, too :clap2:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
another one last night

all my amex dreams seem to follow the same pattern.
i either have enormous difficulty getting to my seat, or when i get there, theres something wrong with it :(

last night, i arrived at the ground but didnt have my swipe card.
managed to get in with 5 minutes to go...i was the only one there :ohmy:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Just like REMF this year then mate!!!!!
another one last night

all my amex dreams seem to follow the same pattern.
i either have enormous difficulty getting to my seat, or when i get there, theres something wrong with it :(

last night, i arrived at the ground but didnt have my swipe card.
managed to get in with 5 minutes to go...i was the only one there :ohmy:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Last night I had a dream that after 14 years of battling, 2 years in exile in darkest kent, the remaining years confined to playing at our local athletics stadium, endless marches and public inquiries that we finally had a brand new state of the art stadium. Actually, wait a minute whats that lovely new building just off the A27 at Falmer. It wasn't a dream after all !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here