Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I asked why are THEY far right?
That means link to something what they said or policy not some other leftwing smear merchant. I am amazed that you breath unassisted, this is really basic stuff.

ETA
And you want me to prove a negative? They have the same policies as the Conservatives so no doubt they are far-right as well?

BTW

BBC is far-left, and referencing it is an appeal to authority fallacy.

Most of the people I’ve put on ignore, I’ve done so because I’ve felt that they’re arguing in bad faith.

In your case I’m deeply concerned that you might believe what you’re writing, but I’m putting you on ignore regardless, because you’re just too far down the rabbit hole and are determined to keep following that tunnel.

I hope it doesn’t cost you too much, and I wish you well.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
The BBC is, and I think you know this, not far left. The Chair of the BBC is a government appointment and the DG is appointed by the Chair. Given that the UK has never had a far left government, why would any secretary of state appoint a communist to run the BBC? Calling middle of the road reporting like the BBC and the Guardian leftist is a tactic used by the right to try to pretend that any news agency that even attempts balance has a leftist agenda. It's utter tripe.

Referencing is also not an appeal to authority fallacy. It is just referencing. Referencing can be done with a note about potential bias, but given that there is not an academic institution in the world that would not accept a BBC report as a well trusted source of secondary research, seems unnecessary in this case. Unless you're of the view that all educational institutions, reporting of facts that you don't like and reality in general are left wing.

An appeal to authority fallacy would be saying 'My opinion must be true just because an influential or powerful person shares my opinion.' It has nothing to do with citing sources or referencing the reporting of news.

Referenced BBC without quoting reason is an appeal to authority.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Are you such a rude person in real life? 🙂

So when you say,

"I don’t even know what that means and what it refers to - but it sounds good - are you a chatbot?"

Thats not being rude? Rules for thee but not for me?

I asked for one quote that proves European leaders are far-right, from them. As this seems beyond you I'll leave it here. I have better things to do than go through 8 to 10 responses for one post. You are all in a bubble which is sad but enjoy the football and have a happy life

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In terms of who's qualified for the next debate on the Republican side:

Chris Christie, Gov. Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, Vivek Ramaswamy and Tim Scott

Haley is currently on the up and is getting all the buzz. Christie is running just to take pot shots at Trump. DeSantis is an asshole who is sinking fast. Ramaswamy is super Trumpy, but nobody is going to pick him over Trump (not least because he's brown). Tim Scott is probably in a death spiral too.
But I just think Trump's legal worries keep them all in the race. If what i've heard and read is true, the Donald is going to have a hard time staying out of prison in the coming months and could be going down for a long time. The biggest questions surround, can at least one of the trials be completed before he would be due to take office, in none of them is he considered to have a strong case.

It just makes it worth hanging in there for second place. You wouldn't have to be his VP, you've got a great chance at the top job

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Referenced BBC without quoting reason is an appeal to authority.
In a disagreement about whether or not far-right parties are on the rise across Europe, you're suggesting that you need an explanation as to why @Zeberdi posted a link to a piece of journalism that had the headline: "Far-right parties on the rise across Europe" and which cites multiple examples of far-right parties being on the rise across Europe?!

He didn't say 'BBC Europe Editor Katya Adler believes that Far-right parties are on the rise across Europe, so it must be true.' which would have been an appeal to authority: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/appeal-to-authority-fallacy/

He just referenced an article that reported on primary sources such as election results & seats in governments, in other word he cited a secondary source: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/secondary-sources/

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But I just think Trump's legal worries keep them all in the race. If what i've heard and read is true, the Donald is going to have a hard time staying out of prison in the coming months and could be going down for a long time.
And the great thing is, we've only been hearing and reading this for *checks calendar* 52 years now.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So when you say,

"I don’t even know what that means and what it refers to - but it sounds good - are you a chatbot?"

I asked for one quote that proves European leaders are far-right, from them. As this seems beyond you I'll leave it here. I have better things to do than go through 8 to 10 responses for one post. You are all in a bubble which is sad but enjoy the football and have a happy life
Tbh Dingo- I am a very patient person normally and tend not to get into fights with people even when I am being baited but your rude comments directed at me are getting a tad tedious - I am happy to have a sensible discussion about politics and respect your right to hold different opinions to my own and back them up with your own sources -

- my comment re chat bots was in response to you being rude to me and calling me lazy and being in some kind of bubble and falsely accusing me of relying on authority fallacy- this when I was answering in good faith a question when you asked me to justify why I said ‘Far -Right movements are on the rise in Europe‘ - I linked to several reliable sources as well as giving you names of politicians you could Google but your response to me doing that was just downright rude - it seems to be a pattern of behaviour but it’s tedious.

“ This lazy rhetoric doesn't have any traction beyond your political bubble.”

When I tried to answer you again in good faith, you then replied as so

“I am amazed that you breath unassisted, this is really basic stuff”

I have not commented on this thread for a while prior to this but when I did, your response was to trash the thread rather than address the points I had made calling the whole thread an ‘exercise in ignorance and irony”

Several people have responded back to your comments to me, one even putting you on ignore, and yet your response is to carry on being rude to me!!

I would suggest in the nicest way possible that you do some background reading on the names of the politicians I listed above and perhaps broaden your news sources - if you are on the far right of the political spectrum then everything other than Fox News and Brietbart etc is going to seem on the left to you -even though it may be centrist or just to the right of centre …that’s obvious…

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So when you say,

What bubble so everyone in?

You are sounding increasing like a conspiracy theorist who 'knows the truth' that somehow everyone else is missing. Of course this comes with responding rudely when pressed on a claim and failing to cite sources to back up any arguements - presumably because you know your sources are of poor quality.

You continue to argue against the suggestion that the far right is on the rise across Europe. This is despite being offered a source that includes citations and load of names to google. The ball is in your court to respond to the evidence presented and you have come up wanting.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The space-hopper’s talks as if they’re an untouchable dynasty.

In reality, just a property crook and his thick as sh1t brats.
…whose knowledge of the legal system, even that of his own trial is only marginally less informed than his understanding of the role of Chief Executive of the US

“Engoron is a wacko who is having a great time endlessly sanctioning, fining, & pushing around “TRUMP,” hurting my very good children, & working to damage & defame me for purposes of Interfering with the 2024 Presidential Election.”

Trump insists on attacking Engoron and his clerks for his children’s appearance in Court but he is just the Judge - It is NYC Attorney General, Letitia James who has brought civil fraud proceedings against Trump and it is her office that has called his Sons to appear in Court as they are named co-defendants in the case -( Ivanka was also a named defendant but an appeals hearing changed that to being a witness since there was a Statute of Limitations issue with her involvement with the Trump organisation at the time under judicial examination ) - it’s not the Judge’s role here to call co-defendants but to hear them - the Judge did dismiss an appeal by Ivanka’s Lawyers to stop her testifying as a witness but again, it was AG Letitia James’ office that called her to testify against her father as a witness (when they lost the appeal for her to be called as a defendant)- but then Trump is not concerned with truth or reality just performative behaviour as we all know (well most of us 🙄)

Left-wing bias alert but a good read

You are sounding increasing like a conspiracy theorist who 'knows the truth' that somehow everyone else is missing. Of course this comes with responding rudely when pressed on a claim and failing to cite sources to back up any arguements - presumably because you know your sources are of poor quality.

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the looser" Socrates. 😉

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But I just think Trump's legal worries keep them all in the race. If what i've heard and read is true, the Donald is going to have a hard time staying out of prison in the coming months and could be going down for a long time. The biggest questions surround, can at least one of the trials be completed before he would be due to take office, in none of them is he considered to have a strong case.

It just makes it worth hanging in there for second place. You wouldn't have to be his VP, you've got a great chance at the top job
But he will stay out of prison, somehow - no matter what the evidence against him is.

That's just how the cards will be dealt.

Only an act of God will remove him.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
In a disagreement about whether or not far-right parties are on the rise across Europe, you're suggesting that you need an explanation as to why @Zeberdi posted a link to a piece of journalism that had the headline: "Far-right parties on the rise across Europe" and which cites multiple examples of far-right parties being on the rise across Europe?!

He didn't say 'BBC Europe Editor Katya Adler believes that Far-right parties are on the rise across Europe, so it must be true.' which would have been an appeal to authority: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/appeal-to-authority-fallacy/

He just referenced an article that reported on primary sources such as election results & seats in governments, in other word he cited a secondary source: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/secondary-sources/

You are intellectually incompetent. I have made 3 or 4 posts in 3 days garnering about 25 responses. i have yet to see 1 quote by these "Far right" people that says they are far right. Or a link to their policies. Just 1, any time?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Tbh Dingo- I am a very patient person normally and tend not to get into fights with people even when I am being baited but your rude comments directed at me are getting a tad tedious - I am happy to have a sensible discussion about politics and respect your right to hold different opinions to my own and back them up with your own sources -

- my comment re chat bots was in response to you being rude to me and calling me lazy and being in some kind of bubble and falsely accusing me of relying on authority fallacy- this when I was answering in good faith a question when you asked me to justify why I said ‘Far -Right movements are on the rise in Europe‘ - I linked to several reliable sources as well as giving you names of politicians you could Google but your response to me doing that was just downright rude - it seems to be a pattern of behaviour but it’s tedious.

“ This lazy rhetoric doesn't have any traction beyond your political bubble.”

When I tried to answer you again in good faith, you then replied as so

“I am amazed that you breath unassisted, this is really basic stuff”

I have not commented on this thread for a while prior to this but when I did, your response was to trash the thread rather than address the points I had made calling the whole thread an ‘exercise in ignorance and irony”

Several people have responded back to your comments to me, one even putting you on ignore, and yet your response is to carry on being rude to me!!

I would suggest in the nicest way possible that you do some background reading on the names of the politicians I listed above and perhaps broaden your news sources - if you are on the far right of the political spectrum then everything other than Fox News and Brietbart etc is going to seem on the left to you -even though it may be centrist or just to the right of centre …that’s obvious…

You claim they are far right? Provide 1 policy or quote by them. Just one go on then.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's like he's become a parody of the parody he became in office.
I think there's method in his madness or at least a strategy.

He'll keep slagging all and sundry, claiming electoral interference to the very end.

It already proving to bolster his support amongst those thick enough to support him.

He'll either be legally vindicated whilst enaging in his loud mouthed bombastic attacks.

Or he'll be convicted and if so, with a lot of previous shouting, undermining of the true legal basis/motivations of his charges.

I reckon in the liklihood of a prison serving conviction he will issue another call to arms and armed insurrection and he's laying the ground for his worse case scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here