Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’m sure they’ve never heard of Jenna Ellis, and as of right now, neither has Donald Trump.

P.s. remember to clear your cookies, or you’ll be getting ads for MAGA baseball caps.

Speaking of adverts, has anyone seen an advert for the Trumpinator? It's a cross between Trump and the Terminator. I imagine a huge liberal making money off the Trumpsters with this toy.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Speaking of adverts, has anyone seen an advert for the Trumpinator? It's a cross between Trump and the Terminator. I imagine a huge liberal making money off the Trumpsters with this toy.

Please tell me he does the voiceover for it.

"This is the greatest toy you will ever own. The fake news media like to say that it's a bad toy. Really nasty toy. But we know better, don't we? We've sold millions and millions and millions of them. We know that Sleepy Joe Biden and the crooked Democrats could never build a toy like this. One parent came up to me – big guy, strong guy, tears running down his face – and he said to me "Sir, the day I bought a Trumpinator was the best day of my life".

"No-one know more about toys than me. It's best to buy in bulk, then you can build a wall of Trumpinators, just like your favourite president did."

EDIT: Just seen the link and found this amazing comment: 'I love the Trumpinator. I've wanted it for some time now. My only really BIG complaint is that it is made in China. I wish I would have seen that before I ordered it. Other than that, it is exactly what it says it is and as the pictured. I would have given 5 stars except if it had been made in the USA.'

Classic 'Make America Great Again' Trump-style business!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Even in the very unlikely situation where Trump apologises, admits guilt and agrees to go along with the "liberal elite" public justice system,

Maybe in another universe/time line. Trump don't no admit to no wrong decisions.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I find it so incredibly hard to understand why so many are so duped by a fat old man who is inarticulate, .................... he's got a huge pack of people following his every move.
Maybe you are missing something?

Or a lot?

Funny how a bunch of posters here wont read broadly, they cuss out the Daily Mail at every opportunity for example. Then become puzzled when others don't share their world view.

This whole thread is an exercise in ignorance and irony.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Or a lot?

Funny how a bunch of posters here wont read broadly, they cuss out the Daily Mail at every opportunity for example. Then become puzzled when others don't share their world view.

I am definitely missing something, because literally millions of people are completely suckered in by a trickless magician. What is it about Trump that you find so appealing? It's a genuine question because I really don't understand.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Or a lot?

When selecting sources, we tend to assign value to them. I think a lot of people assign the Daily Mail quite a low value. Rather than inform and educate it has a tendency to promote its owner and editor’s viewpoints and denigrate opposing viewpoints. You won’t find that approach to the same degree in higher quality news sources, which can be heavier on the fact-checking and lower on the rhetoric.

The FT is excellent, the Guardian has become slightly strange but benefits from not being owned by one individual forcing their political viewpoint onto it. One of the many benefits of globalisation is access to sources like Reuters who are also excellent. The New York Times is great for everything outside the US, but you would find its coverage of US politics unbearable. (as do I, but I suspect for different reasons)

Our very own BBC has recovered from a period of effectively being a government PR machine, and recently launched the superb BBC Verify service, which has been set up to try and wade through the ever increasing sea of misinformation out there, and try to uncover the truth in a world of deepfakes, doctored imagery, and outright fabrications. Finally, Private Eye gives you what the mainstream press are carefully looking the other way from. For British politics, it’s invaluable.

To describe others as ignorant because they don’t believe what’s written in the Daily Mail is certainly a position, but not one I’d adopt personally.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
I am definitely missing something, because literally millions of people are completely suckered in by a trickless magician. What is it about Trump that you find so appealing? It's a genuine question because I really don't understand.

Firstly its not about Trump, its a movement and a global one against corrupt establishments that are screwing everything up. Trump just happens to be at the tip of it. Even if Trump was catapulted into outer space the movement will go on.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
When selecting sources, we tend to assign value to them. I think a lot of people assign the Daily Mail quite a low value. Rather than inform and educate it has a tendency to promote its owner and editor’s viewpoints and denigrate opposing viewpoints. You won’t find that approach to the same degree in higher quality news sources, which can be heavier on the fact-checking and lower on the rhetoric.

The FT is excellent, the Guardian has become slightly strange but benefits from not being owned by one individual forcing their political viewpoint onto it. One of the many benefits of globalisation is access to sources like Reuters who are also excellent. The New York Times is great for everything outside the US, but you would find its coverage of US politics unbearable. (as do I, but I suspect for different reasons)

Our very own BBC has recovered from a period of effectively being a government PR machine, and recently launched the superb BBC Verify service, which has been set up to try and wade through the ever increasing sea of misinformation out there, and try to uncover the truth in a world of deepfakes, doctored imagery, and outright fabrications. Finally, Private Eye gives you what the mainstream press are carefully looking the other way from. For British politics, it’s invaluable.

To describe others as ignorant because they don’t believe what’s written in the Daily Mail is certainly a position, but not one I’d adopt personally.

Theres way to much to unpack in that post. I dont assign value to sources i just try to access the information. I dont expect you to believe whats in the Mail as if that differs much from the other rags. But understanding different arguments and a range of them helps you triangulate ideological positions and possibly anticipate actions.

BBC verified is trash and has already been reported to the ombudsman for claims it has made about people.

Red pill time.

If the MSM lies by omission then how do fact checkers work?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Firstly its not about Trump, its a movement and a global one against corrupt establishments that are screwing everything up. Trump just happens to be at the tip of it. Even if Trump was catapulted into outer space the movement will go on.
WTF? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Firstly it’s not about Trump, it’s a movement and a global one against corrupt establishments that are screwing everything up. Trump just happens to be at the tip of it. Even if Trump was catapulted into outer space the movement will go on.
Dig a little deeper - see what is happening - yes it’s a movement and yes it’s global and yes it will continue without Trump. But it is not ‘Trumpism’ - you are right, that is just the tip, the demagoguery required to popularise it - the movement that you are aspiring to and supporting is growing up out of grass roots far-right extremism- and it’s threatening democratic-styled governance on every continent.

It’s the politics of hate espoused by Netanyahu, Trump, Bolsonaro, Le Pen, Meloni/Berlusconi etc who all take advantage of vulnerable, stressed people living in a climate of fear and poverty.

In American in particular…

“The white nationalist ideology which inspired Payton Gendron to travel 200 miles to massacre 10 people in a Black Buffalo neighborhood is becoming as American as cherry pie.”

And demagogues like Trump are making the ground fertile for its growth by preaching a reactionist message - ‘seeking support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by rational argument’

But in doing so, he’s forging a path for a political transformation to something more sinister - far right extremists politics are becoming more mainstream and civil liberties increasingly curtailed, elections undermined with riots and denial of results, groups demonised according to race, colour and sexuality ….it’s a big red warning light for democracy

That’s not ‘draining the swamp’, it’s throwing anyone that speaks out against you into the swamp to be eaten by the crocodiles (then shooting the crocodiles because they know what you did)

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So if this big corrupt establishment is so all powerful, how come Trump got elected? Because if they're so inept then they can't be running everything as you claim.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
So if this big corrupt establishment is so all powerful, how come Trump got elected? Because if they're so inept then they can't be running everything as you claim.
Too many trying to "red pill" at the same time caused a glitch in the matrix, obvs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here