Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Hopefully the beginning of the downfall?

For the Trump owned businesses in New York which is quite an extensive empire but does not keep the Donald from owning businesses in New Jersey, Florida, Illinois, Scotland or anywhere else that isn't in the State of New York (with a capital in Albany, NY)

1695961090338.png

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Can I just say what a lovely map that is.
The schoolboy part of me could look at that for ages.

Thank you.

Also, many Americans don't know that New York, outside of Buffalo/Niagara Falls, actually has one or two border crossings with Canada but I don't believe a lorry can cross there. You need to check with the US State Department.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Specifically, Powell was accused of hiring a forensics team and sending them to Coffee County to illegally access government computers to look at voter data.

Career over for her.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Specifically, Powell was accused of hiring a forensics team and sending them to Coffee County to illegally access government computers to look at voter data.

Career over for her.
Yeah but she stays out of jail, just like Scott Hall, another Trump goon. Both have pleaded guilty but have agreed to spill the beans against Trump in exchange for freedom.

Good luck to them I say. Hopefully this mean Trump is going down.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Yeah but she stays out of jail, just like Scott Hall, another Trump goon. Both have pleaded guilty but have agreed to spill the beans against Trump in exchange for freedom.

Good luck to them I say. Hopefully this mean Trump is going down.

Link me to somewhere it says the plea deal includes giving evidence against someone else?Evidence given under duress is inadmissible as far as I know but I'm no lawyer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Link me to somewhere it says the plea deal includes giving evidence against someone else?Evidence given under duress is inadmissible as far as I know but I'm no lawyer.
Really?

That’s quite a shock.

This from the BBC:
“Powell, who was charged alongside the former president, reached a deal with prosecutors and will now testify at future trials.
There are 19 defendants in the case, most of whom have pleaded not guilty.
Powell faced charges of conspiracy to commit intentional interference of election duties.
Her agreement to testify, in exchange for six years of probation, is a huge win for prosecutors in the sweeping case.”

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Um, there’s a difference between a plea deal entered willingly, and evidence under duress. They’ve obviously got her bang to rights, or she wouldn’t have taken the deal.

Once one canary sings…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does that mean you regret that Trump will, after all, go free, or hope he will?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Now that the kraken has taken a plea deal and agreed to testify I fear we are close to the point at which Trump unleashes the remaining Proud Boy, 3%er and other paramilitary loons to start the assassinations. Gym Jordan's failure to win the House Speakership leaves him with few alternatives.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Really?

That’s quite a shock.

This from the BBC:
“Powell, who was charged alongside the former president, reached a deal with prosecutors and will now testify at future trials.
There are 19 defendants in the case, most of whom have pleaded not guilty.
Powell faced charges of conspiracy to commit intentional interference of election duties.
Her agreement to testify, in exchange for six years of probation, is a huge win for prosecutors in the sweeping case.”

Again no reference to giving evidence against anyone. "faced charges of conspiracy to commit intentional interference of election duties." The key word here is "faced". It could be " I'll go check the election records to see if they cheated" which as they stated is illegal .

So there you have it, un authorised attempt to see if the election was fixed. Oh big crime of the century one well worth snitching on a college/friend for absolutely no reason..

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It is inevitable that the people who know they're criminally liable will attempt to reduce the negative consequences coming their way. They all broke the law, the cases aren't debatable or contestable, they're factual. The evidence is public, overwhelming and obvious. The only question is what punishment awaits one of the biggest criminals in American history.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chesebro’s just flipped too. Each one has to give a little more than the last to justify their plea deal. This is beautiful to watch.

Interesting reading up on this. Trump, Cheesbro et al attempted to create fake results for 6 swing states to take to the Electoral College. Bypassing state governors and officials (with their true results), in the process.

We might not like his underlying politics, but Pence comes out of this well. A VP purportedly had the power to reject certificates and accept replacements. Pence refused to play ball.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...neth-chesebro-john-eastman-rudy-giuliani.html

The bare-faced hypocrisy and lies of Trump and Giuliani, they said Democrat votes were fraudulently high, all disproven in state court cases during those weeks. Thank god for a system that ultimately worked. The biggest superpower and economy was almost run for 4 more years via a corrupt act.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is serious stuff.

A bit like doctors being duty bound to treat not hurt and financial advisers not being allowed to be bankrupt, lawyers have to be straight. Copping a plea to conspiracy is a whopper. The US civil justice system is well sophisticated so the evidence must have been overwhelming.

Keep 'em coming.

:lolol:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Interesting reading up on this. Trump, Cheesbro et al attempted to create fake results for 6 swing states to take to the Electoral College. Bypassing state governors and officials (with their true results), in the process.

We might like his underlying politics, but Pence comes out of this well. A VP purportedly had the power to reject certificates and accept replacements. Pence refused to play ball.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...neth-chesebro-john-eastman-rudy-giuliani.html

The bare-faced hypocrisy and lies of Trump and Giuliani, they said Democrat votes were fraudulently high, all disproven in state court cases during those weeks. Thank god for a system that ultimately worked. The biggest superpower and economy was almost run for 4 more years via a corrupt act.

I absolutely agree, Pence showed a level of basic integrity that those around him lacked. It saddens me that he’s subsequently been treated so poorly by his own party.

It shows how little integrity is left in the current Republican Party that it feels like he’s been pretty much ostracised since he acted to save his party’s soul.

I loathe the rabid, short-term “win at all costs” mentality of modern politics. It drives us down the road of stupid, short term decision-making, when responsible government should be looking not just at what affects us now, but how that will impact our children and grandchildren. I’m not sure many U.K. or US politicians are capable of looking beyond the next election cycle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here