Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
1693639931550.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And he recently vowed, should he win in 2024, to "come after" his political opponents and those trying to bring him to justice through the courts. He’s openly saying he’ll throw his enemies in jail. This is Stalin/Putin behaviour. The man is a genuine threat to world peace.
Yeah, because that worked out REALLY well with 'Crooked' Hillary 'LOCK HER UP' Clinton.

The guy is a serial bullshitter.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
And he recently vowed, should he win in 2024, to "come after" his political opponents and those trying to bring him to justice through the courts. He’s openly saying he’ll throw his enemies in jail. This is Stalin/Putin behaviour. The man is a genuine threat to world peace.
Maybe it’s because most of them are criminals? I wish someone would go after the scum bags in our own government. They would certainly get my vote.

Anyway the best hope for all of us is that Kennedy wins. The only sane candidate from what I’ve seen.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Its people like you who'll get him re-elected.

What an utterly weird thing to say 😳

Firstly, the American electorate doesn’t gives a sh”t or are even aware of what I say on an English football club forum … secondly I am not an American citizen so have no right to vote … thirdly I am not in the States campaigning for Trump, nor ever would.

On the second point, I wish I did have the power to vote in US elections - I wish all those who would be effected by him being POTUS again could and 3rd point, I could go to the States and help relatives with the Democratic campaign but am not well enough to travel.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're absolutely right, silly me, I should have said, 'a link to a tweet containing a screenshot from a poll run by Fox news.' :lolol: :lolol:

That's how I tend to respond to people asking for written sources to back up my cocksure opinions.:facepalm:

It's hardly surprising no one one here gives your opinions the time of day:dunce:
1693646679558.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I broadly agree but what he does will depend on what his main driver is. Is it a vainglorious pursuit of a legacy, or is it simply money?

Here is a scenario. The man has a gift for bullshitting his way into maintaining a fair amount of wealth. His first presidency has created a lasting protection against the scrutiny that may have finished him (probing the finances and tax status of his concerns has been a matter of interest for some time). Bottom line, the presidency gave him an opportunity to protect his wealth, an opportunity that may have a shelf life and a need for renewal.

Secondly he has a conspicuous history of vainglorious pursuit of what I might describe as a glamourous image (in his own mind). He likes a certain type of woman (and is happy that they go the extra mile with surgery). He had a part on a Bond movie some years ago. Trump Tower. The ridiculous hair that one imagines he sees as dashing and manly. It is all the ego trip of the sort of wanky bully we all knew at school. The big boy who was small and angry inside, driven to seek any win, no matter how trivial. Think of Eric Cartman.

So if he gets elected (he will certainly win the republican nomination) and manages to become POTUS again, he will certainly seek to smite his enemies, but the first thing he will do is shore up his finances. He knows this will be his swan song (you can be POTUS no more than twice) so he will take every advantage the POTUS position offers, but my bet is he won't even be bothered doing anything of great meaning in the wider political world. What for? He has already built the massive wall to keep the Mexicans out, has he not?

He is not like Johnson, who wanted to be supreme Dalek even when he was a little boy, someone whose ambitions were thwarted only by laziness and lack of any principles. Trump never showed any interest in party politics till he was over 60, and even then the agenda was vacuous, not schooled in any sort of doctrine, and not remotely the culmination of a lifetime's ambition. Just a means to an end.

Let's hope the laws in America keep Trump at bay, though. Four years of tomfoolery is not what is needed right now.

And let's give thanks that we have yet to see a consistent, principled, charismatic populist, with the skills to gain the POTUS position and the energy and determination to pursue an evil agenda that effects permanent change. The comic book villain has yet to emerge. I wonder whether our society has evolved the strength to thwart such a man? I hope so.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What an utterly weird thing to say 😳

Firstly, the American electorate doesn’t gives a sh”t or are even aware of what I say on an English football club forum … secondly I am not an American citizen so have no right to vote … thirdly I am not in the States campaigning for Trump, nor ever would.

On the second point, I wish I did have the power to vote in US elections - I wish all those who would be effected by him being POTUS again could and 3rd point, I could go to the States and help relatives with the Democratic campaign but am not well enough to travel.

Your lack of comprehension there. There are people in the US with your mindset, thus people who think like you will get him elected again.

That you'd vote for the Democrats says it all really.

What you're saying is you will accept a racist President, you will accept all the lying and all the trappings of a corrupt government.

For you to say that you'd go and campaign for that says you're most likely either ignorant or a massive hypocrite.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What you're saying is you will accept a racist President,
No - he said he doesn't want Trump as a President.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyway the best hope for all of us is that Kennedy wins. The only sane candidate from what I’ve seen.
He’s the guy who thinks all vaccines should be banned, yes? And you think he’s sane?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No - he said he doesn't want Trump as a President.

Oh dear. You must be a Johnny Come Lately.

Biden has been making racist comments for decades. Where have you been all those years?

Maybe let a Black Professor educate you...

Back in 2012 in my now inactive blog (haroldblack.blogspot.com) I asked “Is Joe Biden a racist?” I noted his long history of making racist remarks. Those remarks along with a record in the Senate of opposing busing, opposing school integration and strong friendships with racist southern senators reinforced the notion that Biden was indeed a racist. I could never understand how the media and prominent blacks gave him a pass. Republicans were not given the same treatment. For example, Trent Lott, the senator from Mississippi was literally forced to resign from his leadership position for his praise of Strom Thurman, the segregationist senator from South Carolina. Biden, on the other hand, had similar praise for Robert Byrd, the Democrat senator from West Virginia, who had been a member of the Ku Klux Klan. But there was little criticism of Biden.

It is almost incomprehensible that a politician could survive even a few of these “gaffes” let alone one who is now president of the United States.

So yes, he's fine with a racist President.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Your lack of comprehension there. There are people in the US with your mindset, thus people who think like you will get him elected again.

That you'd vote for the Democrats says it all really.

What you're saying is you will accept a racist President, you will accept all the lying and all the trappings of a corrupt government.

For you to say that you'd go and campaign for that says you're most likely either ignorant or a massive hypocrite.
Why don’t you read people’s posts properly and stop throwing personal abuse at people who have different political views to you.

I’m all for both sides of the American political divide having a platform to air their POVs but you are doing yourself no favour when airing yours like a petulant child.

I certainly would vote for the Dems just to keep Trump out but as stated already - a point you have failed to take on board:

a/ I don’t live in the States nor am a citizen , so therefore have no right to vote
b/ clearly there are millions in the States who support the Dems not just because Trump might be the only alternative but because of their healthcare policies, for their stance on better gun control, better family planning control ( and support of Roe v Wade) better environmental policies ( and support of multinational treaties to combat CC, better policies to support habitats and wildlife, including the protection of the Arctic Wildlife Refuge (which Trump wants to dig up for oil exploration ) etc …

I’m not fine with either Trump or Biden but would much prefer Biden in the WH for another term than a narcissistic, uninformed couch potato who repeatedly ( and dangerously) exhibited signs of paranoia, sadistic and psychopathic behaviour in his previous term and who, if elected again, would very likely lead the entire globe into a highly destructive period of world (dis)order and environmental destruction - the like of which most of us have never seen in our lifetimes.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why don’t you read people’s posts properly and stop throwing personal abuse at people who have different political views to you.

I’m all for both sides of the American political divide having a platform to air their POVs but you are doing yourself no favour when airing yours like a petulant child.

I certainly would vote for the Dems just to keep Trump out but as stated already - a point you have failed to take on board:

a/ I don’t live in the States nor am a citizen , so therefore have no right to vote
b/ clearly there are millions in the States who support the Dems not just because Trump might be the only alternative but because of their healthcare policies, for their stance on better gun control, better family planning control ( and support of Roe v Wade) better environmental policies ( and support of multinational treaties to combat CC, better policies to support habitats and wildlife, including the protection of the Arctic Wildlife Refuge (which Trump wants to dig up for oil exploration ) etc …

I’m not fine with either Trump or Biden but would much prefer Biden in the WH for another term than a narcissistic, uninformed couch potato who repeatedly ( and dangerously) exhibited signs of paranoia, sadistic and psychopathic behaviour in his previous term and who, if elected again, would very likely lead the entire globe into a highly destructive period of world (dis)order and environmental destruction - the like of which most of us have never seen in our lifetimes.

a) you said if you were well you could go campaign for the Democrats. That's enabling the corrupt system to keep doing what it always does.

And that's where we differ, I'm all for tearing down the platforms that are only allowed to be used by certain parties to speak from. You want to keep the status quo going if you want to keep one of the reasons why it is so in power.

None of your posts even recognize voting for another party other than the duopoly as an option.

You could do that too couldn't you?

I'd never vote for either of the duopoly.

How does that saying go...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

That's the people who cheerlead for these parties. Insane.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
a) you said if you were well you could go campaign for the Democrats. That's enabling the corrupt system to keep doing what they do
All power corrupts

And that's where we differ, I'm all for tearing down the platforms that are only allowed to be used by certain parties to speak from. You want to keep the status quo going if you want to keep one of the reasons why it is so in power.
This is a platform too - is that why you are trying to tear it down by attacking the thread starter? - dont take it so seriously- it’s just a discussion by a bunch of football fans the majority of whom are not even American but the majority of whom recognise Trump’s complete inappropriateness, to be the ‘Leader of the free World’ . 🙂

None of your posts even recognize voting for another party other than the duopoly as an option.
No that’s true - but this thread is about Trump and his 2024 election bid in the US - the American system IS a duopoly - there are only two parties, the Democrats and Republicans.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No that’s true - but this thread is about Trump and his 2024 election bid in the US - the American system IS a duopoly - there are only two parties, the Democrats and Republicans.

And long will it continue if people keep pushing the line of keeping the Dems and Republicans unaccountable.

There are more than two parties and parts of the US are starting to wake up to the fact third parties can be an option.

It is a thread about Trump and it highlights perfectly why Trump might get up again.

Because if people think like you that it is only a duopoly if you don't like Pedo Peter then your only other option is to vote for Trump.

Don't like Trump, there are other options other than the Dems with less corruption and more desire not to divide the country.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
... the American system IS a duopoly - there are only two parties, the Democrats and Republicans.
The best way to think about the duopoly in American politics is that there isn't one, except on election day.

In Europe, generally, you fight the election, and then if you win, form the coalition, and govern.
In America you form the coalition, fight the election, and then if you win, govern.

We've got two labels, but five, six, maybe seven, 'parties'. Plurality, first-past-the-post electoral systems encourage the phenomenon.

This has been the case for a long time. In the run-up to the Civil War there were two parties, but the Northern Whigs and Southern Wigs fell out over slavery, as did the Northern Democracy (as it was called then) and the Southern Democracy.

Turn of the last century Liberal majorities were a mess -- Whig dinosaurs, radicals, the Irish, the antecedents of the Labour party, Dissenters, Liberal imperialists, Little-Englanders... like today's Democrats.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here