Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Yes - there’s something in that - however, he may be popular with Florida‘s Republican red neck voters because he’s served as an effective Governor there since 2019 but in the wider Republican Party at large and the GOP, he runs the risk of coming across as ‘odd’ and has even been accused of being blasphemous.
posted before up thread:

His fundamental ’Christian’ position on same sex relationships and absolutist pro-life views won’t endear him either to the more moderate Republicans who will want a Candidate capable of winning swing States imo.

Wow - God really did say all that!

It's the second coming, people

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yeah, that's before the vote. He was trying to change the outcome after the vote!

The fact that you can't see that is all we need to know.

I see all the facts. You just dismissed one like it was nothing. Which is why when people bleat DEMOCRACY! then go and prove they don't care about it really.

I don't believe that is debunked, not that it matters in the context of what we're discussing. Trump wouldn't have been removed without evidence.

The Steele Dossier was a fabrication:
"A Russian analyst who contributed to a dossier of Democratic-funded research into ties between Russia and Donald Trump has been arrested on charges of lying to the FBI about his sources of information, among them an associate of Hillary Clinton."

Shouldn't it matter if the Democrats are fabricating information to try and have a US President removed from their position?

So you can't understand that a state governor could lie about their election results?

I do understand that. It's happened before, this Democrat Senator was jailed for election fraud.

So no doubt that may have played into the decisions of Governors to not do it. Lesson learned perhaps.

We get lies from our parties too, but there is a world of differences between the sort of exaggerated claims we see in order to swing a vote, and actually trying to overturn the vote.

You are so blinded by your loyalties that you can't see common sense or reason.

What loyalties? If I was going to vote in the US I'd be voting Libertarian or not at all. I'd probably be a strong advocate for the constitution which was written wisely by people who understood Governments should have a certain level of power but not to exist to impinge on the individuals rights.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Yeah, that's before the vote. He was trying to change the outcome after the vote!

The fact that you can't see that is all we need to know.

I don't believe that is debunked, not that it matters in the context of what we're discussing. Trump wouldn't have been removed without evidence.

So you can't understand that a state governor could lie about their election results?

We get lies from our parties too, but there is a world of differences between the sort of exaggerated claims we see in order to swing a vote, and actually trying to overturn the vote.

You are so blinded by your loyalties that you can't see common sense or reason.
Don't waste your breath on that :wanker:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see all the facts. You just dismissed one like it was nothing.
Which fact have I dismissed (and where is the proof that it's a fact)?

Which is why when people bleat DEMOCRACY! then go and prove they don't care about it really.
I do care about democracy, so you're mistaken.

The Steele Dossier was a fabrication:
"A Russian analyst who contributed to a dossier of Democratic-funded research into ties between Russia and Donald Trump has been arrested on charges of lying to the FBI about his sources of information, among them an associate of Hillary Clinton."

Shouldn't it matter if the Democrats are fabricating information to try and have a US President removed from their position?
Firstly, the fact that one person was charged with lying does not mean that Trump had no involvement with Russia trying to help with an election. Secondly, the fact that the FBI have arrested the analyst shows they are being impartial and sticking to the truth. If Biden told that analyst to lie, he too should be charged.

I do understand that. It's happened before, this Democrat Senator was jailed for election fraud.

So presumably you think Trump should also be jailed for attempting to do likewise. Then we're in agreement. Or are you saying that a Democrat should be jailed for it, but Trump shouldn't?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Which fact have I dismissed (and where is the proof that it's a fact)?

The fact is that it doesn't matter when you attempt to corrupt an election process, it's the fact they are doing it is all that matters. Are both actions not designed to gain a certain outcome through corrupting the process?

I do care about democracy, so you're mistaken.

Firstly, the fact that one person was charged with lying does not mean that Trump had no involvement with Russia trying to help with an election. Secondly, the fact that the FBI have arrested the analyst shows they are being impartial and sticking to the truth. If Biden told that analyst to lie, he too should be charged.

It was Hilary's team creating the fake dossier. Adam Schiff is the one who was front and centre with the lies, Biden in this case is not part of the circus.

The FBI only became impartial after investigative journos exposed the fraudulent history of the dossier.

Keep in mind, this is the same FBI that, a few months earlier during the 2016 election, had its top counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok talking to Page — his lover and the top lawyer to McCabe — about using their official powers to “stop” Trump in the election and having an “insurance policy” against the GOP nominee. That insurance policy increasingly looks like an unverified dossier created by British intelligence operative Christopher Steele — a Trump hater himself — that was bought and paid for by the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign through their mutual law firm.

Baker’s story lays bare an extraordinary conversation in which at least some senior FBI officials thought it within their purview to try to capture the President on tape and then go to the President’s own Cabinet secretaries, hoping to persuade the senior leaders of the administration to remove the president from power.

The FBI aren't to be trusted as being apolitical anymore.

So presumably you think Trump should also be jailed for attempting to do likewise. Then we're in agreement. Or are you saying that a Democrat should be jailed for it, but Trump shouldn't?

I don't know if he should be jailed because I don't claim to know how the US machinations for such things are set up.

Jefferson Davis never went to trial for treason and his actions were far far worse, so maybe there's something there that will stop Trump from being brought to trial also.

Even if he's indicted or receives a felony conviction he can still run for office and serve that office such is the way the constitution is written.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact is that it doesn't matter when you attempt to corrupt an election process, it's the fact they are doing it is all that matters. Are both actions not designed to gain a certain outcome through corrupting the process?
Well firstly, that is not a fact, that is an opinion. What exactly has president Biden done to corrupt the election process? It would have to be quite something to match actually falsifying the result.

It was Hilary's team creating the fake dossier. Adam Schiff is the one who was front and centre with the lies, Biden in this case is not part of the circus.
So far you've got one person charged with lying about something. Which does not mean that Trump didn't ask the Russians to help with the election. And also, the person implicated is not the POTUS.

I am not for one second suggesting that any party in any country is free from wrong-doing by all members. I am saying that those who do try and defraud the electorate should be prosecuted, and if the crime is serious enough, should be barred from holding the highest level of office.

With what Trump did, there is no way he should escape prosecution, and no way he should be allowed to run for president again. Regardless of which party he represents.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder where they got that idea from?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He's just like those twats who sit in pubs on their phones 'organizing' football 'violence' with other twats in other pubs.

Maybe he should cut the drinking a bit of slack? :shrug:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Proving the old proverb “anyone who is the enemy of my enemy is a friend” - the common enemy being left-wing democracies- very worrying but completely predictable

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Proving the old proverb “anyone who is the enemy of my enemy is a friend” - the common enemy being left-wing democracies- very worrying but completely predictable

Good to hear Sunak condemn what happened yesterday, that's will upset the ERG loon fringe...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here