Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Does anyone know what this flag is?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The main thing seems to be not to take the mark of the Beast.
That is extremely important, and cannot be stressed too much, whatever you do, even if they threaten to kill you.
What's Eddie Hall got to do with this?

Is he another one who prefers watching football from the side of the pitch, not the end? :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow, this is amazing. We've got someone here on NSC who knows everything. He knows how life began, a thing that baffles the top scientists involved in origin of life research, and he can obviously also explain the mystery of consciousness, and he knows why all of Jesus's disciples were, according to leading NT scholar Bart Ehrman, sincerely convinced that God raised Jesus from the dead. Tell us, AstroSloth, is Ehrman's hypothesis right, was it a group hallucination? And about the Shroud of Turin, how come that's a photographic negative with 3D information encoded into it? Are you going to contact VP-8 inventor Peter Schumacher to discuss it with him? I look forward to your upcoming documentaries on Amazon.
The shroud of Turin is fake, and has been proved as fake.
Even biblical scripture would tell you it’s fake as it states the head covering was separate in the tomb.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wow, this is amazing. We've got someone here on NSC who knows everything. He knows how life began, a thing that baffles the top scientists involved in origin of life research, and he can obviously also explain the mystery of consciousness, and he knows why all of Jesus's disciples were, according to leading NT scholar Bart Ehrman, sincerely convinced that God raised Jesus from the dead. Tell us, AstroSloth, is Ehrman's hypothesis right, was it a group hallucination? And about the Shroud of Turin, how come that's a photographic negative with 3D information encoded into it? Are you going to contact VP-8 inventor Peter Schumacher to discuss it with him? I look forward to your upcoming documentaries on Amazon.
Could you repeat that, but slower.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Don't quite understand what we're looking at. Very confused. Is there some angle where you can see the goal posts the entire time while watching it?
It's a flag, which apparently is very similar to the Flag of National Resistance Front of Afghanistan, which I didn't know.
Obviously I'm being disingenuous, because you know that, but then you are also being disingenuous.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
The shroud of Turin is fake, and has been proved as fake.
Even biblical scripture would tell you it’s fake as it states the head covering was separate in the tomb.
There is the Sudarium of Oviedo.
The conclusion of the 1978 STURP was that it was not the work of an artist:
"We can conclude for now that the Shroud image is that of a real human form of a scourged, crucified man. It is not the product of an artist. The blood stains are composed of hemoglobin and also give a positive test for serum albumin. The image is an ongoing mystery and until further chemical studies are made, perhaps by this group of scientists, or perhaps by some scientists in the future, the problem remains unsolved."

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
What do you mean by 'take'?

Receive:
"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Receive:
"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."
That doesn't sound so bad. How do I sign up?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
That doesn't sound so bad. How do I sign up?
You'll have to wait.
I think it's going to be very easy, though. The difficulty will be in avoiding getting it.
But you must not take it. You can read about it yourself if you want to know more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You'll have to wait.
I think it's going to be very easy, though. The difficulty will be in avoiding getting it.
But you must not take it. You can read about it yourself if you want to know more.
I did, actually. Top quality mumbo jumbo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you read the Book of Revelation?
Yes, but it didn't reveal that much..

Four horsemen of the apocalypse. Blah blah.

I guess that Christians flinch when the see 666 because they think a beast is about to eat them. Or their eternal souls.

All a bit dramatic, frankly.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Yes, but it didn't reveal that much..

Four horsemen of the apocalypse. Blah blah.

I guess that Christians flinch when the see 666 because they think a beast is about to eat them. Or their eternal souls.

All a bit dramatic, frankly.

I'm not sure whether I should talk about this or not.
OK. There is a spiritual war going on. There is love in the world, which comes from God, and there is evil, which traces its way back to the god of this age.
I have no fear of Satan or demons, not because I don't believe in them because I know they are real (cue lots of scoffing probably, but I do). However, they do cause a lot of damage, especially to hapless unbelievers who don't even realise what's going on. They are the reason the world is so dark. This is why we have kids stabbing each other to death on our streets. There is a spiritual war going on. We are caught in the middle of it.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I'm not sure whether I should talk about this or not.
OK. There is a spiritual war going on. There is love in the world, which comes from God, and there is evil, which traces its way back to the god of this age.
I have no fear of Satan or demons, not because I don't believe in them because I know they are real (cue lots of scoffing probably, but I do). However, they do cause a lot of damage, especially to hapless unbelievers who don't even realise what's going on. They are the reason the world is so dark. This is why we have kids stabbing each other to death on our streets. There is a spiritual war going on. We are caught in the middle of it.
Ah yes because no bad deeds have ever been done in the name of God...

Not to mention the fact the bible is basically Twilight to other religions Harry Potter. It's a fan fiction that copies lots and somehow makes it less believable.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
There are evil powers.
They control the world, but they are being kept in check for the time being. They don't mind religion, just as long as it isn't the Gospel. The Gospel that says that if you declare that Jesus is Lord, and believe that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Start trying to present that message, and you'll be shut down pretty quickly.

When I was at school, every child knew the Lord's Prayer. We didn't just know what it was, we could recite it.
Fast forward about 30 years: my son's history teacher asks the class who knows what the Lord's Prayer is. Not a single child knew, other than my son. He puts his hand up. It's the prayer Jesus gave us. He recites it. He incurs abuse from the other kids. A conversation taking place between teenagers. One of them says he's reading the Bible. The others become abusive, making lewd comments about Jesus. The conversation turns to Islam next, and the abuse stops. Islam is acceptable, because it has no gospel, it can't save you, but for some reason, Christianity is not, because it has the only Gospel that can save us. Someone ( @Mustafa II ) posts a thread on this forum saying that Christians seem like good people. The first 13 replies are pretty much all gleefully slagging off Christians. The thread seems to generate considerable interest, (25,000 views in ten days) but one of the moderators is concerned that there is a thread where Christianity is being discussed and moves it away from the Big Board, and then bans me, pretty much the lone Christian voice on the thread, from the thread. Of all the threads on this forum, it seems to be too much to allow just one where people can freely discuss the case for Christianity. Hush it up, hide it away. And don't let the only Christian have a voice.

The Lord's prayer teaches us that we must forgive others. That's been taken away from the kids. So now the kids don't have the command of God that they must forgive if they want to be forgiven. Now they can go and get revenge.

I forgive people. I do it because I have to obey Jesus. This is Christianity. This is why true Christians seem to be good people, because they seek to obey Jesus, the one who told us to love our enemies, who called on God to forgive those who were crucifying him as he was dying on the cross.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
This reminds me, season 2 of Good Omens is coming out in a couple days; here's hoping it's not shit.

And I think the question about the flag has been answered, no? Even if it was just used as a very transparent attempt at "casually" starting a discussion about the Antichrist. So, case closed, the purpose of the thread was fulfilled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here