[Misc] Does anyone else play Blossom?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Spoiler Alert For Today's 10/10/23 Blossom.
I'm by no means an expert, but thought some of you may wish to know my tactics?
I have put a screen shot of what I do before I start, so if you don't wish to know any words, look away now.
I open Notepad on my laptop, and have the puzzle to do next to it. I then come up with as many words as I can and type them on the notepad. This allows me to see all the words I've come up with and how many of various letters in a word to maximize the highlighted letter.
I'll continue further down;

1696972710374.png

There's probably a few words that won't count, eg UNDERHUNTED, but it costs nothing to give it a go.
Therefore, I'm going to start with UNDETERRED, as some other guess words with 2 D's in didn't compute.
I'm now going to play the rest of the game, and will post the outcome in a mo.
I hope posting this is more of a help to people than an annoyance.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have put a screen shot of what I do before I start, so if you don't wish to know any words, look away now.
I open Notepad on my laptop, and have the puzzle to do next to it. I then come up with as many words as I can and type them on the notepad. This allows me to see all the words I've come up with and how many of various letters in a word to maximize the highlighted letter.

View attachment 167909
There's probably a few words that won't count, eg UNDERHUNTED, but it costs nothing to give it a go.
Therefore, I'm going to start with UNDETERRED, as some other guess words with 2 D's in didn't compute.
Your first 3 words are the same as mine were. Thunderer is not a word I'd use, ever, but I just thought I'd try & see if adding an 'er' made a difference. :smile:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Here's the words I used. If you don't want to know the score, look away now.

1696973992228.png

I should have saved one of my words with 2 U's in for when the U was highlighted, but wasted a few points there. Otherwise, quite pleased with today.
Hope I've been of some help? I won't post anymore stuff as detailed as this in the future as I don't want to be a spoilsport if I haven't been already!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almerรญa

View attachment 167909

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Maybe I need to get out more? :giggle:
I have a morning routine of Wordle, Quordle (2 games), Octordle (3 games) & then Blossom. In theory I should be beating #TeamsLikeBakero. I have however demolished my father in law from the start of the Wordle Europa League because I've been concentrating & he now thinks I've been cheating! :lolol: We play 1st to 6 wins & it's been the quickest I've beaten him. ๐Ÿ˜

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have a morning routine of Wordle, Quordle (2 games), Octordle (3 games) & then Blossom. In theory I should be beating #TeamsLikeBakero. I have however demolished my father in law from the start of the Wordle Europa League because I've been concentrating & he now thinks I've been cheating! :lolol: We play 1st to 6 wins & it's been the quickest I've beaten him. ๐Ÿ˜
Are you retired or a public servant?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Dotted throughout the day, for me it's Wordle, Quordle, Blossom and Times Quick Cryptic Crossword.
Doing things like this is supposed to be a good brain workout. However, after doing these for weeks, I hadn't worked out that the black thing on my new bike's handlebars was a bell!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I have a morning routine of Wordle, Quordle (2 games), Octordle (3 games) & then Blossom.

Whilst drinking the first coffee of the day I do WhereTaken, Waffle, Wordle, Quordle (daily and sequence) and WordAll. Those usually take less than 15 minutes and often much less than that. Then at lunchtime I do Squardle and Squardle Express plus a quick (not cryptic) crossword.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Whilst drinking the first coffee of the day I do WhereTaken, Waffle, Wordle, Quordle (daily and sequence) and WordAll. Those usually take less than 15 minutes and often much less than that. Then at lunchtime I do Squardle and Squardle Express plus a quick (not cryptic) crossword.
I'm not Googling what those others are, far to much temptation to add them. ๐Ÿ˜

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Should see a few big scores today.

Blasted my high score out of the water and had 5 panoramics

Blossom Puzzle, October 12
Letters: D E I L M N S
My score: 364 points
My longest word: 14 letters
๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿต ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน ๐ŸŒป ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿต ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’

Play Blossom:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Should be some massive scores today.
Probably could have broken 500 again if I'd taken more time over it

My score: 476 points
My longest word: 15 letters
๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒน ๐Ÿต ๐ŸŒป ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒน ๐Ÿต

Play Blossom:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Should see a few big scores today.
Blasted my high score out of the water and had 5 panoramics

My score: 364 points
๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿต ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน ๐ŸŒป ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿต ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’

Play Blossom:
It looks like your scores are getting higher and higher. It is a game you get better at, the more you play and the more little tricks you learn.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
So near, yet so far away from the mystical 500. Once again, could have got there, but alas.
3 pancettas today!

My score: 445 points
๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒท ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒน ๐ŸŒป ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿต ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒท ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐ŸŒผ

Play Blossom:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports