Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you have any lines you don't cross, period? (Principles)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Life is very grey and it's hard to be absolutely black and white about things. I mean we're all hyprocrites half the ****ing time, regardless of what we pretend. It's human nature.

As I have got older I only really have two lines I don't cross. Most other things may be up for debate (including violence because it can be appropriate).

- Never cheated on a partner and never would.

- No longer and will never use recreational drugs again *unless they are legalised and taxed or I can grow my own.

I won't judge and everyone is entitled to their own, I don't care the whys and why nots really, but do you have any rock solid absolutes?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I won’t lie.

I was once accused of lying by someone close to me. Their whole family got involved and tried to turn my name to Mudd. It was one of the worst times of my adult life. There was nothing I could do to convince these people that I had not lied and they made my life very hard for a while.

The only thing that got me through that period with dignity, well got me through it full stop: was that I knew I was telling the truth.
There was nothing they could say or do that would change that. That taught me the value of always telling the truth and how if you know you have done the right thing, it doesn’t matter what anyone says or how aggressively or often they say it.

I have since cut that person and their family out of my life and only spend time with people with whom I share mutual trust.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I will never watch The Hundred.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I won’t lie.

I was once accused of lying by someone close to me. Their whole family got involved and tried to turn my name to Mudd. It was one of the worst times of my adult life. There was nothing I could do to convince these people that I had not lied and they made my life very hard for a while.

The only thing that got me through that period with dignity, well got me through it full stop: was that I knew I was telling the truth.
There was nothing they could say or do that would change that. That taught me the value of always telling the truth and how if you know you have done the right thing, it doesn’t matter what anyone says or how aggressively or often they say it.

I have since cut that person and their family out of my life and only spend time with people with whom I share mutual trust.

Indeed, when certain things happen to you they certainly affect your core beliefs. I imagine my no-cheating comes from being cheated on by my first love.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed, when certain things happen to you they certainly affect your core beliefs. I imagine my no-cheating comes from being cheated on by my first love.

Absolutely. You know the effect and know you wouldn’t do that to anyone else.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I suppose not being unfaithful, not stealing and not crossing a picket line would be up there

When I was single, many years ago, I had a list of 'must nots' for next partner.

She must not smoke
Must not be a Tory
Must not be more than 10 years younger
Must not be a lawyer
Must not be overly religious
Must not support Man U (this was in the early days of the PL, it would probably be Big Six if I did it now)

Mrs Gwyland was most amused when I told her the list (after we'd been together sometime), particularly as she'd only given up smoking the year before she met me

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lie - apart from anything else, you have to remember what you lie about.
Vote Conservative - people matter more than money.
Cheat.
Watch Strictly or the Eurovision Song Contest.
Buy anything Dyson - arch hypocrite Brexiter….. and it’s all ridiculously overpriced.
Be a petrolhead.
Listen to the Archers.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Understand the first two although I only subscribe to the second but wondered why the third?

I already pay my TV Licence, I don't like the effect it's had on football compared to say, the 80s and they were responsible for giving us Keys & Gray.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hit somebody
Beg somebody
Boo an Albion player
Cheat at games or on my other half
Lie
Spend anything but the shortest possible time with someone I don’t like
Use the C word in front of a female (although plenty of them use it themselves these days it seems!)
I’d like to say swear in front of kids but I do inadvertently sometimes to my regret.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Cheat on my Mrs. Had it done to me and it's one of the scummiest things you could do to someone you supposedly love and respect.
Lie. One of my biggest peevs is being called dishonest.
Date a woman who smokes.
Buy a half and half scarf.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I won't leave someone on their own if they need support (this has caused me a great deal of grief at work recently but I stand by my decision).
Cheat
Eat peas
Play a headless bass

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Buy anything Dyson - arch hypocrite Brexiter….. and it’s all ridiculously overpriced.

And stupidly over-engineered. Does anyone really need a cordless vacuum cleaner which looks like a prop from a science fiction movie?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have principles

And if you don’t like them I have others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here